"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 10:09 am
@annis,
I've got a birthday cake to make as well, it's the kid's birthday on Tuesday.
JPB

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 11:40 am
@Letty,
The tall one in the white sweater is me, Miss L. The woman sitting on the bench facing away from the picture wasn't part of our group.
Letty

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 12:42 pm
@JPB,
Fantastic, flower lady. Don't know why, but I always pictured you as blonde. You are lovely.
Tryagain

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 01:37 pm
I must confess I am not a Native American,( however Tennessee is home to the most caves in the United States and the birthplace of David "Davy" Crockett who was a colonel in the militia of Lawrence County but don’t mention his French-Huguenot ancestry) but then neither was Chingachgook; The Last of the Mohicans.

So perhaps you can imagine my chagrin as my disquietude increased proportionately to the news that the French have demand the Crown Jewels from the Queen of England to compensate for the 1499 murder of Edward Plantagenet.

Angers, which is in the Loire Valley west of Paris, was once the capital of the Anjou province and the House of Plantagenet. It ruled England from 1154 until 1485, providing some of the greatest monarchs in British history, including Richard the Lionheart and Henry V.

Now, call me the bitch from hell if you will, but after what the French did to Bart Simpson, I find myself agreeing with Admiral Horatio Nelson when he said, “You must hate a Frenchman as you hate the devil”. As if that was not clear enough he later added, “My blood boils at the name of a Frenchman”. Although he failed to actually name him!

It therefore beholds me to note that had it not been for kindness personified in the guise of CI, who I assume is not French; unless he hails from French Indochina, in providing proof that the captain is once again enjoying the company and delights of one of the Art Deco centers of the world; one can now safely assume she did not succumb to the Hound of the Baskervilles and we all know; Baskerville is an English surname of Anglo-Norman origin and is believed to have been used by Normans from Boscherville (Saint-Martin-de-Boscherville)!

Verily I say unto you; beware Jesuits bearing gifts. Ad maiorem Dei gloriam.

Please excuse the Francophile deviancy for my primary reason to visit with y’all today was to rejoice at the possible return of the prodigal kid and the celebration of the Fatted calf.

As some of you may know I am an avid surfer, although being agua antagonistic I tend to confine my activities to the sand. So there I was looking to do a bit of beach surfin’ on Missy…

Exhibit A: State of Alabama v. T.R.Yagain

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/Beachsurfin.jpg

When I dun aspied what looked like them kids that escaped from Rocky. It looks like they already did a Chinese Wax Job on that board; man, I was amped.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/_61546397_goatsurfing21.jpg

Much love and support to the Yabber-Liner crew and all those who find succour within.
Je vous remercie pour l'écoute.

Ps. if anyone finds a scrunchie in the pool, please hand it in at the Pursers office – Thank you.

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 02:36 pm
@Tryagain,
You may not be native American, but your knowledge about the US far exceeds the norm.

I had a bit of a problem translating your,
Quote:
It therefore beholds me to note that had it not been for kindness personified in the guise of CI, who I assume is not French; unless he hails from French Indochina, in providing proof that the captain is once again enjoying the company and delights of one of the Art Deco centers of the world; one can now safely assume she did not succumb to the Hound of the Baskervilles and we all know; Baskerville is an English surname of Anglo-Norman origin and is believed to have been used by Normans from Boscherville (Saint-Martin-de-Boscherville)!

I'm not challenging your writing skills; only my inability to comprehend your prose.
Tryagain

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 04:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
My dear CI, you are indubitably a babe magnet as your photographs bear witness to a bevy of beauty in, if I am not mistaken is largest city in Illinois.

A picture speaks a thousand words, but Ima no native injun. One day it will be my pleasure to buy you a drink.

研究过去,如果你定义未来
JPB

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 04:49 pm
@Tryagain,
Quote:
...proof that the captain is once again enjoying the company and delights of one of the Art Deco centers of the world; one can now safely assume she did not succumb to the Hound of the Baskervilles and we all know;

Not exactly. That pic is from ci's archives, pulled from a trip that took place a few years ago.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 04:50 pm
@Letty,
Thank you, Letty. Never been a blonde.
spendius

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 05:08 pm
@JPB,
Most women are mousey in my experience. The dishonesty of most blondes is something the NCSE probably doesn't know much about.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 05:39 pm
@Tryagain,
Quote:
As some of you may know I am an avid surfer, although being agua antagonistic I tend to confine my activities to the sand. So there I was looking to do a bit of beach surfin’ on Missy…

Gotta love those sand dunes. Wink They are especially fantastic in the moonlight.

hugs y'all

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 05:40 pm
@Tryagain,
I'll relate this recent experience I had in Santiago, Cuba, at a famous music and dance venue, Casa de la Trova. I was sitting alone in the back of the room, because my friend and his girlfriend were seated in the front row where the music was too loud. A lady came to my table and asked if I wanted company, but I told her "I'm married." She responded, "in Cuba, you are single."

Here's a link to my travel blog on Santiago. http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/c.i.222/1/1341567511/tpod.html
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 05:41 pm
@JPB,
I was blonde for a while.

I think it's overrated...

but I was no more dishonest then than now.

redheads are the ones you gotta watch...
mismi

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 05:43 pm
@Rockhead,
Did you bleach your hair? You are a brunette right?

I am a brunette...actually a brunette with some serious blonde streaks right now. Kind of fun.

Rockhead

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 05:44 pm
@mismi,
yes...

and I have brown hair. with red highlights.

brunettes are female...
mismi

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 05:45 pm
@Rockhead,
yeah...you're right.

thus the "ettes" d'oh.

I am drinking peach vodka. Prolly shouldn't be posting....
mismi

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 05:47 pm
@mismi,
I was clenching my teeth. Hate it when I do that. Makes my jaws hurt.

figured vodka would help. Very Happy
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 05:48 pm
@mismi,
my baby peach tree is bent over with the weight of peaches.

Ima have a non alcoholic peach daiquiri when they are ready...
mismi

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 06:04 pm
@Rockhead,
Sounds delish Smile

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 06:41 pm
@Rockhead,
From Wiki.
Quote:
Daiquiri
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Daiquiri ( /ˈdækəriː/; Spanish: daiquirí [dajkiˈɾi]) is a family of cocktails whose main ingredients are rum, lime juice, and sugar or other sweetener.[1] There are several versions, but those that gained international fame are the ones made in the El Floridita bar[2] in Havana, Cuba.

The daiquiri was made famous at the Floridita in Havana, Cuba.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/DSCN2981.jpg

This is what it looks like at night.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/DSCN2503.jpg

Ernest Hemingway made this bar famous. His bronze statue sits at the end of the bar where patrons from all over the world take their picture with him.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/DSCN2376.jpg
On my last trip to Cuba, I visited the room (511) Hemingway occupied at the Ambos Mundos Hotel, his first residence in Cuba. I had a Bucanero (*local beer) at the downstairs bar.

This was the daiquiri I had during my last visit to Floridita.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/DSCN2374.jpg
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2012 04:17 pm
I got to go to the ER this morning. Seems I am in the process of giving birth to a humongous kidney stone. It hurts.

I love drugs.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 03:00:25