Sydney vs Boston

Shazzer

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 11:05 pm
Hey there.

Been living in Sydney for a few years and travelled around Boston a little bit when I was little (I was born in NH and have relos there). Was a while ago, though.

Both are beautiful harbor cities. Syd is great for the beach and outdoor events (though we've had a very odd and rainy summer) and its vibrant and multicultural. It's pretty easy to get around the city. The biggest drawback will be cost of living, especially rent. Don't know much about jobs after Uni, but immigration will certainly play a factor. Don't know specifically about your field, but you may luck out and be on the list of jobs underrepresented in Oz.

Sydney

In Boston you'll have four distinct seasons (and see New England's famous autumn foliage) and be reasonably close to NYC and other popular areas of New England, if you want to travel or look for work after school. Boston is also one of the more historical cities of the US, so there'll be plenty of Yankee Doodle stuff, if you're interested. Can't speak as well to cost of living, etc because I was a teen when I passed though. Although I do have positive memories. New England can be quaint in the best way, and I remember the city as being appealing.

Boston

Hope this helps.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 02:21 am
Hi, Shazzer

I didn't realise there was another Sydney soul around.

But then - I see you frequent the word games, and I'm mostly found in the silly-bugger threads - so our paths haven't crossed before.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 01:01 am
margo wrote:

This'll be good! Lies, but good ones!

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!!

dadpad wrote:
Much better cricket matches in Melbourne.

It doesn't rain all the time like it does in Sydney

Sydney is a homogonised city.
Melbourne has a rich diversity of cultures.

Melbourne is less expensive.

Proper football.

You forgot to mention the flying pigs and the roads paved with gold.

Pretty rich for a guy who lives in the boosh.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 01:15 am
You have way too much free time hinge.
0 Replies

Tigershark

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 01:19 am
Sounds like Sydney is having crap weather...meanwhile in Auckland the summer goes on..and on. No windl, sunny and 22-25deg C all month.

Would've been nice if it had rained today but, to stop the Poms beating us in the cricket Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 07:57 pm
Bloody lovely here today. Warm, light breeze, blue skies - all those things that make a perfect day.

All these things, and the Poms beat the Kiwis at cricket.

Can it get any better.

(well - yes - I could be out there instead of working....small flaw there!) Confused
0 Replies