Problem with outlook express

dadpad

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 06:14 pm
I have a number of emails in my in box some I have viewed some I have not. I am able to delete move or otherwise use Outlook express normally

Except for:
An email update for a PM from an AK member. prior to today I had opened the email, used the link, have read this pm and deleted it from my A2K messages.
Today when I attempt to access or delete this email, outlook hangs. As soon as i highlight the email outlook hangs.

I have recycled the computer several times to no avail.

All other programs appear to work fine including whilst outlook "hangs"

I am able to X out of outlook but it leaves an empty square on my desktop. Generally I get an end non responsive program dialoge.

My anti spywear programs say I do not have spywear (apart from cookies which are now removed)

I am able to use outlook express as per normal in all respects excepting if I highlite this particular email.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,112 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 06:18 pm
Best gitcha some stamps, dad....
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 08:06 pm
Are you able to right click it?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 10:37 pm
Thanks Intrepid

I can right click and highlite the message however when the usual dropdown appears the program hangs. I am unable to select any of the options in the dropdown and need to close the program to proceed.

I would also like to save my outlook express folders and address book information to disc or upload to server in case something goes really wacko.

Exporting saved messages and or folders reults in a message Your default MAPI store could not be opened.

I am going to attempt to upgrade to IE7 and hope this repairs the fault.

further suggestions welcomed.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 05:08 am
I believe I have solved this problem by moving all emails i wanted to keep out of the inbox into folders that are not sub folders of Inbox and deleting the inbox.

I achieved this by right clicking> start > explore.
From within windows explorer i went to >documents and settings>{username} local settings> application data> identities> AB51A3F4~ (very long alpha numeric file name) >microsoft >outlook express> inbox.dbx.

highlight inbox.dbx and delete.

A new inbox is created by outlook express after restarting the computer.
0 Replies