toshiba hdd password

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 02:43 am
anybody know anything about the toshiba's......when you cant boot to or from anything....you just get a hdd password: but toshiba is the only people who knows how to fix it.?????????

but there is no password protect bios.......the thing is ..that the customer uploaded patches for his xp home edition then it gave errors that the shawapi.dll and the msgina.dll was not found......so i replace the files and then rebooted the computer.......then another error file came up saying....about colorrgbtohols....about color stuff then rebooted...then after that.....it only boots up to HDD password:

and thats it...i talked to a toshiba company in america and here in japan but they say they can fix the problem but i would like to know how./??? any other suggestions?????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 694 • Replies: 3
No top replies

safecracker

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 04:02 am
it is pass protected...they do this to protect stolen laptops. If it's a pass protected BIOS use this page http://www.labmice.net/articles/BIOS_hack.htm
0 Replies

semorefred

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 06:33 am
but it doesnt have a password protect bios.......the thing is ..that the customer uploaded patches for his xp home edition then it gave errors that the shawapi.dll and the msgina.dll was not found......so i replace the files and then rebooted the computer.......then another error file came up saying....about colorrgbtohols....about color stuff then rebooted...then after that.....it only boots up to HDD password:

and thats it...i talked to a toshiba company in america and here in japan but they say they can fix the problem but i would like to know how./??? any other suggestions?????
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 12:27 pm
it's a pass on boot you gotta reset the CMOS.
0 Replies