Drinking lots of water

Sun 3 Feb, 2008 05:07 pm
Is drinking a lot of water good when you're looking to lose weight?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 15 • Views: 2,843 • Replies: 17
Topic Closed
No top replies

Ragman

Sun 3 Feb, 2008 05:28 pm
of course..why wouldn't it?

Exercise regularly and drinks lots of water..to flush those toxins.
martybarker

Sun 3 Feb, 2008 05:58 pm
I agree. 8 glasses of water throughout the day. I take one of those Nalgene bottles to work and try to finish one before lunch and one after.
0 Replies

hamburger

Sun 3 Feb, 2008 06:33 pm
but also remember : AVOID EXCESSIVE FLUID INTAKE ! (see link here) .

remember : you should have a BALANCED FLUID INTAKE (see link here)
0 Replies

jespah

Mon 4 Feb, 2008 04:56 am
Agreed re the balance. You also have to -- not to put too fine a point on it -- drink water while dieting because you are (or at least you should be) eating more plant matter, and that means more fiber. Without the additional water, you can get wicked constipation.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Mon 4 Feb, 2008 07:23 am
Some people--and not just children and the elderly--confuse hunger and thirst. They pile in unneeded calories instead of just getting a glass of water.

Often you can distract yourself from mindless eating by sipping a glass of water instead.
0 Replies

hamburger

Mon 4 Feb, 2008 11:44 am
noddy wrote :

Quote:
Often you can distract yourself from mindless eating by sipping a glass of water instead.

i'd suggest a glass of champagne ! it's supposed to very good for your blood-circulation .
queen elizabeth seems to enjoy a glass of this kind of "refreshment" and it seems to have kept her in pretty good shape - apparently her mother told her of the life sustaining properties of a glass , or two , of champagne a day .
i'll drink to that Laughing
hbg
0 Replies

hamburger

Mon 4 Feb, 2008 11:52 am
here is some medicine that shouldn't be difficult to swallow ! Laughing

Quote:
Ben Canaider espouses champagne as medicine.

THIS came from a lady correspondent the other day: "For some time now, I have started to realise my love of champagne is partly because it's a curative. It's what I crave if I'm feeling at all funny in the tummy, bilious, full or have indigestion. It stimulates my appetite, as an aperitif, like no other drink. It is also, like no other alcoholic drink, the only one I ever crave. I've noticed this more in the past couple of years (I baulk at saying 'as I'm getting older'). My husband teases me that I should try to claim my champagne consumption on HBA."

The correspondent goes on to say that only the good stuff works, meaning the real stuff. Champagne from Champagne. I'm with her on that point, but I am a shocking snob.

(ask our doctor for a prescription :wink: )

read article here :
CHAMPAGNE FOR YOUR HEALTH !
0 Replies

amyjanelle07

Mon 4 Feb, 2008 12:02 pm
The only weight you could possibly gain is water weight, which would be worked off through excersise. Don't deprive yourself of a vital nutrient in order to stay thin-no possible good could come of it.
0 Replies

Kimaya

Thu 1 Dec, 2011 11:27 pm
@willing2try,
Water is actually good for body you will have great results if you are having plenty of water with regular exercises.
0 Replies

ruthhall08

Thu 26 Jul, 2012 12:40 am
@willing2try,
Drinking water is good for health its help for weight loss, acne control, removal of toxin, digestion. Drink water and be fit.
Nana7

Fri 27 Jul, 2012 08:53 am
@ruthhall08,
Yeah, I have try it, and you must do sports at the same time.Or you will looks much edema.
0 Replies

Monro

Tue 18 Sep, 2012 03:49 am
@Ragman,
Definitely drinking lots of water is so effective for fitness as well as burning fats.
At least 8 to 10 glass in a day.
0 Replies

daisygrace

Tue 2 Oct, 2012 04:21 am
Yes, drinking water is very beneficial .
Drinking two 8-ounce glasses of water before breakfast, lunch, and dinner while also cutting back on portions may help you lose weight . Similarly you don't forget to eat lots of water-based foods like soups, vegetables and low-fat dairy, which are equally important for weight loss, as they lower the calorie density of meals. That can help you reduce calories without reducing portions.
0 Replies

celina29

Wed 31 Oct, 2012 03:50 am
yes , because when you drink lots of water, your stomach is full and you dont get hungry too much or say you are able to eat less. Hence avoiding you to gain weight .
0 Replies

belmarrahealth

Mon 5 Nov, 2012 11:15 pm
@willing2try,
Hi
I think it is absolutely true. We have to drink a lot of water .It is good for health.Every person have to drink 8 glasses of water per day.
Thanks.
0 Replies

shinnchann01

Tue 6 Nov, 2012 01:00 am
@willing2try,
That's great for the overweight person, but what if i want to gain some weight, in such will i have to drink less water??
troody

Tue 8 Jan, 2013 10:21 pm
@shinnchann01,
No doubt drinking more and more water plays a vital role in our health and fitness,Also solve different problems regarding weight loss,fat reduction,stomach problems etc.Without the additional water, you can get wicked constipation.
0 Replies