What Can I do to get my self Back into shape?

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 08:51 pm
Hey, I am a male 18 years old. I haven't been working out for about 8 months now. I want to get back into shape. I was wondering if there is anything I can possibly do to get my shape back? I have home gym and i have regular gym but I don't have time to go to regular gym only the home gym is more easier for me. I was wondering if there is anything I can possibly do to get my self back in shape I am really sad that I lost everything because I didn't have time because I had to work and school and such.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,171 • Replies: 8
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 08:51 pm
Find and ask Slappy_Doo_Hoo. He'll have good advice for you.
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 09:04 pm
Start by eating healthy. Salads lots of greens. Try jogging in the early morning everyday while walking your dog or something. Then to moderate wieght lifting 3 times a week for about half hour - hour. Try and stay away from sweets and soda's. I've been doin this since i was about 11 and now im fit and have some muscle to go with it. Of course now i do alot more wieght lifting and eat more fruits and more protiens.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 09:08 pm
tell me what you have to work with and I will set you up.....don't worry I have my NSCA-CPT which I never use plus military routine experiance and years of training. heres my routine although it may not be right for you.

sets/reps are 3x6 aunless stated otherwise

MONDAY:
Bench Press - pyramid
skull crushers
close grip bench

TUE:
Squat
good mornings
glut ham raises
calf riases

WED:
military press
shoulder shrugs
cleans

THUR:
deadlifts
Reverse hypers BWx10, 10lbs 10x2
bent over row

off day
Farmer Walks
Heavy Wrist Rollers
Wrist Extensions

but what are your goals, powerlifter, bodybuilder or a lil of both.
0 Replies

MisterEThoughts

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 11:29 pm
i have everything i have freewieght i don't have machines though thats the problem umm but i got everything i wanna gain at least like 30 pounds i am cut but i aint buff i need some more meat damn please help this really important i have a lot of things i can't work out in the morning because i got school but i can work out after school for like 1 1/2 hours also i stretch for about 10 min then run for like 15 20 then do the work out tkaes me about 1 hour or so first i do chest and stomach everyday then i do arms stomach again legs and back stomach then i repeat i should start working out like 4 times a day because i used to work out 6 7 days a week for 2 hours i think i messed up my muscles though and also i try eating but idunno what kinda food to eat i mean i know vegt and such but i need some reciepies anyone know where i can go to get some a web site or something like that. My friend he used to go to gym and for like 5 6 days a week he would work out everybody part i dunno he got kiknda big I don't know if that is the way to do it, but he did it so yea haha. Well, any more suggestions out there please please help.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 11:39 pm
1st of all read the other thread it covers the way to eat, 2nd you may be overtraining if you work each bodypart seperately keep things compound. try the workout above and get your diet on track and keep us updated.
0 Replies

MisterEThoughts

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 05:04 pm
WAIT SO YOU SAYING WORK ALL THE BODY PARTS AT THE SAME TIME OR WORK THEM AT DIFFERENT TIMES?
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 05:08 pm
I'm saying do compound exercises as I posted above the key is to use exercises that use more then 1 muscle at 1 time but do not do exercises that use those same muscles as stabalizers too much in the same workout as they will overtrain. for example you do not need to isolate the biceps because they are used as a stabalizer in many of your other workouts meaning isolation will overtrain them. It's 1 thing alot of ppl overlook
0 Replies

MisterEThoughts

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 08:03 pm
hey what if i work out my upper body first day rest then secnod lower reest then upper rest then lower and soo on?
0 Replies