dog breed bans, can they retroactively take your pets?

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 01:25 pm
if they ban a breed, what happens if you own the breed? can they order you to do anything? or make you get rid of it?

ill just be honest, if las vegas bans pitbulls and they try to take my baby im gonna go to prison for murdering some police.

so can they take your pets retroactively?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 758 • Replies: 4
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 01:35 pm
Way to go. You have just convinced me that some people just shouldn't have access to firearms, or for that matter, dogs.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 01:57 pm
All cities are different, and I won't say they can't just simply seize the dogs, but standard procedure is to let the dogs that are already there stay, but no new ones are to enter the city limits....grandfathering. Say you have a female that is pregnant when the law goes into effect, the mother is allowed to stay but the pups must leave permanently as soon as they reach weening age...six weeks or whatever it is...and then you have a short period of time, a few weeks or so, to remove them.

We just passed a vicious dog ban {mainly pit bulls} last fall, and we based ours on other local municipalities laws. For the dogs that were already living here, we have very strict rules about how they are housed, and require that the owners carry insurance on the dogs...among other things.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 02:57 pm
lol, its not my fault the only thing in life i care about is a four legged thing who does nothin but eat sleep, make me clean up **** and then sit there while i massage her for hours. and i pay for everything.

and ill be damned if anyone will take her from me. "divine authority" or not. sorry if you would give up everything you cared, about on someones say-so.. thats not my problem. i fight for mine Smile my dog is my family.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 03:01 pm
With the local breed bans, they've given owners time limits on spaying and neutering the animals they have. No new animals of those breeds are allowed - and the ones that are here must have very specific types of muzzles when they are outside of their homes. There are some other rules, but those are the biggies.

Of course, the owner is generally the problem, not the dog.

I'd rather have laws preventing some people from owning any pets, or having any children.
0 Replies