Football or any other sport players?

Tyrius

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 06:23 pm
I play football for my jr high team. Im starting defensive end, offensive guard, kamikazi on kick off. I also play soccer and lacrosse (looking for a new team)

What sports do you play
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,659 • Replies: 17
No top replies

fealola

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 06:26 pm
I just got back from my sons water polo practice. Saw the football team practicing in the heat and the sun. How do you take it in the heat in August with all that equipment!
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 06:29 pm
I was my highschool starting QB, we had a championship then I moved.....I still play a lil ball and am a blackbelt under the Gracies in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu as well as playing basketball and doing some other martial arts.
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 06:47 pm
I can stand the heat because i keep small packets of ice in my pads lol.

Thats awesome starting QB. Water Polo is sweet. I wonder what kind of conditioning they do.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 07:03 pm
The conditioning is running for miles, swimming for miles. weight training. Treading water with arms raised for long period of time. One excersise is holding large water cooler bottles (filled with water) over their heads
and treading water until they are empty.

They say that the game is the most intense workout of any team sport. The game is 4- Six minute quarters, and if you've ever seen a game, you'd know why.

It also gets very rough, believe it or not. Alot of stuff goes on under water that the refs can't see!

This makes sense if know that Water Polo was invented in England by Rugby players who wanted to play Rugby and stay cool at the same time. In the early days, it was played in the ocean!
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 07:23 pm
Wow thats pretty intense. We usually run with logs and those asian water carrying things up and down a hill. Wieght training and doing suicides a lot. I like lacrosse better than footbal but i cant find a team in arkansas :-( . Was thinking about traveling to texas every weekend just to play Smile .
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 07:24 pm
What are Suicides?
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 07:25 pm
Run to the goaline and back, goaline and back and thats one.

We do like 16 a practice
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 07:31 pm
In the heat.
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 07:33 pm
We get water breaks every 2 or 3
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 09:20 pm
haha hell even our HS band did suicides but the worst exercise I ever had to do was training for the ADCC under Bas Rutten he was this thing called the hill and you do suicides on it it's nuts but then again thats how he became 1 of the best no holds barred fighters in the world.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 10:35 am

i used to play ultimate frisbee. its a grueling sport -- a hybrid of football & soccer. we also did suicides to get in shape. our version consisted of running from 1 cone to 4 others, each farther away than the last. after a few of these you were indeed ready to do yourself in Evil or Very Mad

IMHO an excellent way to get into & stay in shape. a player must possess both speed and endurance, and be prepared to run constantly. phew Exclamation
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 12:25 pm
I've played that before it's fun.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 12:40 pm
I used to play CB, WR and TE in High School. I also player RWB (Soccer), PG (B-Ball), I tried out for waterpolo but our team was horrible.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 02:23 pm
I played golf competitively when I was younger and still play occasionally. Played baseball in HS, pitched and outfield. Up until recently I was playing basketball to stay in shape. Injuries and change of venue have cost me that.

Most of my sports now are spectator. My girls all play soccer and my son plays baseball (he's little). I love (amercan) football and participate in a fantasy league.

I also like to fish and hunt when I get a chance. I have some property back in the midwest that sometimes affords me the opportunity to get out there and chase the grouse around. I'm better at clay pigeons.
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 02:54 pm
ULIMATE FRISBEE!!!!!!!!!!!
0wnage indeed
Im in study hall atm its so booring
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 03:33 pm
cjhsa, you should try to stay in shape to play sports not play sports to stay in shape it causes injury. Smile
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 04:56 pm
Or take part in walking grouops
0 Replies