PC game error message

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 05:12 pm
I bought a game for my PC called "deal or no deal" and I am having trouble installing it because of this error message: "Error Initializing Graphics for- Error:No hardware z-buffer support! Make sure Direct3D hardware acceleration is enabled! What is wrong and how can I fix it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 835 • Replies: 1
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 05:28 pm
Direct3D is part of Microsoft's DirectX API. Direct3D is only available for Microsoft's various Windows operating systems (Windows 95 and above) and is the base for the graphics API on the Xbox and Xbox 360 console systems. Direct3D is used to render three dimensional graphics in applications where performance is important, such as games. Direct3D also allows applications to run fullscreen instead of embedded in a window, though they can still run in a window if programmed for that feature. Direct3D uses hardware acceleration if it is available on the graphics board, allowing for hardware acceleration of the entire 3D rendering pipeline or even only partial acceleration. Direct3D exposes the advanced graphics capabilities of 3D graphics hardware, including z-buffering, anti-aliasing, alpha blending, mipmapping, atmospheric effects, and perspective-correct texture mapping. Integration with other DirectX technologies enables Direct3D to deliver such features as video mapping, hardware 3D rendering in 2D overlay planes, and even sprites, providing the use of 2D and 3D graphics in interactive media titles.

Get directx 10 here.

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/AboutGFW/Pages/directx10-a.aspx
0 Replies