A right to smoke... weed

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 11:54 pm
Do you believe that it is a pointless war that america wages on petty drugs like weed? Do you support medicinal marijuana AND/or recreational usage? Should people be allowed to enjoy pot much like others do alcohol, in their own homes and at their convience, instead of being harshly punished by the law when weed is not a "serious" drug
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 914 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 12:02 am
Of course they do.

You should really watch this movie, everybody should.

http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=110915

Hell, I wish I had some weed right now.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 02:36 am
There are those that suffer psychotic episodes on weed (it seems a genetic lottery) - they definitely shouldn't be allowed to smoke it.

Elsewise, I'm lead to believe that legalising it actually results in reduced amounts of weed smoked, which I'm all for.
0 Replies

rockpie

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 06:45 am
if legalised, any government would add taxes to the price, as with cigarettes and alcohol. meaning that illegal dealers would still remain the primary source as they could provide for a reduced price.

therefore it makes no sense to legalise it from a capitalist point of view, just to ignore the illegal use of it.

that's my opinion.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 07:12 am
Are illegal dealers the primary sources for cigarettes or alcohol? I'm inclined to say no. Why should weed be any different?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 08:40 am
Re: A right to smoke... weed
BlackUnicorn wrote:
Do you believe that it is a pointless war that america wages on petty drugs like weed?

Yes. Not only pointless, but detrimental to the society. We have created an economic hardship for ourselves, a negative moral stigma on addiction, a social class dependent on illegal activity and violated people's privacy and freedom and self-respect, all in one shot. Our present drug policies are stupid at every level.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 02:00 pm
you cant legalise weed. there would be no tax on it because people would grow it in their yards, their houses wherever.

why do you think it hasnt been repealed like alcohol?

if the gov't cant profit, noone will. lovely isnt it?
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 09:04 pm
Re: A right to smoke... weed
BlackUnicorn wrote:
Do you believe that it is a pointless war that america wages on petty drugs like weed?

Well, I don't think there's any such thing as a pointless war. Wouldn't call what they're doing to hash (and speed for that matter) a war though either.

Anyway - Legalize It! People love the stuff. Are we the Land of the Free, Home of the Brave or aren't we?

As an American, I say there has yet to be a plant I need anyone's protection from, and if there were I'd stop and think about what it means to my countrymen beyond whatever powers of terror it might posses before calling in the torches and pitchforks.
0 Replies

Gilbey

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 04:03 pm
I like the Bill Hicks quote: "George Bush says we are losing the war on drugs....

Do you know what that implies?

That there's a war being fought and the people on drugs, are winning it!"
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 11:04 pm
rockpie wrote:
if legalised, any government would add taxes to the price, as with cigarettes and alcohol. meaning that illegal dealers would still remain the primary source as they could provide for a reduced price.

therefore it makes no sense to legalise it from a capitalist point of view, just to ignore the illegal use of it.

that's my opinion.

And what a wrong opinion it is.
0 Replies

SerialCoder

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 09:22 pm
From a non-users vantage point I say repeal the laws... The pot laws are a farce. I know people in all social classes who smoke it and carry one healthy productive lives. I smoke cigarettes and let me tell you, I am one dangerous mofo when I'm jonesing for a smoke... Arguably more dangerous than some toker that is high. I'm not sure how deep you all have dug into this debate but I spent a bunch of time trying to wrap my head around this and it seems that it has (or had) more to do with the struggle between the hemp industry and the paper / textile industries. It would seem that there was a lot of money to be had by stomping out the hemp industry.

Here is my idea to rectify this. If we all organize and gather insane amounts of seed (Help us out with this Canada). Then in the spring we all get high and cast them in all directions on state, federal, public and private land. Germinating billions of hemp and ganja plants everywhere we can. Then, while the DEA is busy running around like headless chickens spending billions trying to stomp out the "demon hemp" we can go about our business cultivating in our back yards for recreational use. Oh, how I long to be a criminalÂ…
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 11:26 am
US Congress looking to spend $1.6 BILLION on drug war

If drugs were legalized their value would drop to almost nothing, the criminal activity which results from local distribution would cease, the drug cartelle's would run out of money and the "war" would be over. Everywhere.

Currently we are paying a very high price to "protect" a small portion of the population from their own choices (to abuse drugs).
0 Replies