Does A2k have a folklore yet? If so, what tales do we tell?

dlowan

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 07:53 am
If we define folklore as "tales about characters that develop a tradition amongst a community" - (as opposed to myth, which we may define as tales about how the community/world came to be) - do we as a community have a folklore yet?

I was moved to ask this by Craven's wonderful gallop past some of the denizens of this enchanted wood here:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=330049&highlight=#330049

(The long post in question is towards the bottom of the page.)

So, folklorists, what do you have for us?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 5,806 • Replies: 118
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 07:54 am
(Heehee - just to get us started - Little k's fabled left underwire from Abuzz made it here - in pictorial form, for the first time!)
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 09:04 am
He he, and ner nuts fell off too!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 09:08 am
Oh boy! This was my first "real" post on Abuzz ("Abuzz Folklore") and I learned a ton.

Lesse...

-"Back" (as in "I'll be back") is spelled "bavk", 'cause of Merry Andrew.

-Craven (I think) has started some kind of weird phonetic dialect thing that is starting to catch on ("yew", "Ima goan", etc.) I refuse to subscribe. (And that's me being matronizing.)

-"Wimmins are evil" is longstanding. Mins are too.

-Lots and lots of bunny stuff.

-Lots of farty bunny stuff.

-Smeg. Smeg waxes and wanes but it never smegging goes away.

-Slappy Doo Hoo wants my kidney. He ain't gettin' it.

Will think more...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 09:42 am
There were great Avatar losses.

A bunny was dressed in a pink polka dot bikini....
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 12:41 pm
There were quite a few santa hats around at one point, or perhaps that was just a vivid dream I had Wink
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 12:50 pm
At one point, sounds accompanied PM notifications, but alas, that is now but a mere pipe dream.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 02:50 pm
quinn1 wrote:
There were quite a few santa hats around at one point, or perhaps that was just a vivid dream I had Wink

My then avatar cat had a santa hat at one time, until the evil Craven removed the hat, put peanut butter toast on it's back and turned it into a perpetual motion machine Evil or Very Mad

and, of course, there is the repeated statement that dlowan is a hippy! - Myth? Legend? Statement of fact?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 03:21 pm
Canard! Libel! Merde! Unsinn!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 03:23 pm
The Great Lie!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 03:25 pm
That pussy cat with the peanut butter toast was a hoot! As was the one made all desperate and clawing! There is the tale of The Great Avatar Massacre - memorialized by a stubborn Merry Andrew in his "someone nicked my avatar" avatar!
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 05:55 pm
The tale of buttered cats in perpetual motion is indeed a hoot, but not quite an A2K original. It be famous.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 07:53 am
Craven's dialect be funny. I dare anyone here to come up with a more charming word than breastacles. Very Happy

He's also started 2 mysterious religions which both seemed to somehow involve throngs of nekkid womens.

And Sozobe once joined an evil conspiracy just to be able to grow a killer moustache (and she made many a man jealous)...
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/9A/10/TheRavensRealm/dc/1776.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 07:56 am
Breastacles is good - as is Mr Happy....a certain Little Blue Space Booger has also become of a folkloric item himself, depite having forsaken his true livery for such stuff as Garrulous Gorilla, Nuns Wiv Guns, The Eyeball Thing, Space Chimp, Eat More Christians and such inferior things...

I am crushed by the thought that Dan E did not invent peanut butter pussy perpetual motion...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 07:57 am
(I was not allowed into the conspiracy...waaaaah!)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 08:01 am
Little k's search for lerve on the net has become famous - as have Gustavratzehhoffer's dismal capybara swamps, his peculiar penchant for scantily clad little wimmins, and his odd appetites for protein...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 08:03 am
The creator of the legendary insegrevious paradigm is an active member of a2k, as is the originator of "dangly bits".
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 08:18 am
There's the affair from afar between Montana and Wilso... sweet & touching, but doomed because she is afraid to fly.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 08:27 am
Wink
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 08:30 am
Spelled phonetically, of course, dys.
0 Replies