Man In The Chair

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 03:33 am
Opened my e-mail this morning to find info for ,and to be honest,it's the first time I've heard of it.Man In The Chair,starring Christopher Plummer,M.Emmet Walsh and Robert Wagner.It looks like "one of my films",so I had a search around and found that it's playing just down the road in The Vue at the O2,so I booked a seat for Saturday.
Anyone else heard of this?????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 668 • Replies: 3
No top replies

contrex

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 08:50 am
A thick syrup of sentimental fiction smothers a reasonable idea. Michael Angarano plays Cameron, a troubled LA high-school dropout motivated only by his dream of winning a short film competition with help from a golden-hearted old curmudgeon played by Christopher Plummer; this cantankerous grump was once an electrician on Citizen Kane, and he persuades all the other adorable geezers in their Motion Picture retirement home to form the crew for young Cameron's film. It's very, very familiar stuff and every crisis and narrative progression feels forced and phoney. Spirited performance from Plummer, though.
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 10:02 am
An excellent performance from Mr Plummer as a grumpy,boozy,ex film technician who helps a college kid make a short 10 minute film.M Emmett Walsh looks very frail,or is that just down to good acting?
The plot is fairly predictable and,at times,a wee bit too sentimental.But what's wrong with that? Isn't that what we go to the movies for,to have our heart-strings tugged now and again?
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 01:01 pm
I haven't seen it myself, I nicked that review from The Guardian, they have slagged off some of my favourite films, so I wouldn't worry about it if you liked the film.
0 Replies