Copying Video Clip To Disk and Being Able To Watch It

Dartboy

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 03:40 pm
Hey Guys,

I just have a quick question, I've been wondering how to put video clips onto a dvd disk and to be able to watch it from a dvd player? Its a big file of 700mb but I have 4.7GB DVD+RW Video 120mins 4x High Speed, is there a software i can download or buy which allows me to transfer the clip onto the disk and do what I want? instead of just making it a file on the disk like a word document?

Please Help Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Thanks

Note: Just to let you know I've tried Dvd rippers/burners but they won't work becuz I have a single file not all the files and stuff you need to make a proper DvD
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,933 • Replies: 5
No top replies

parados

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 04:02 pm
Any decent DVD burning software will allow you to do it. If you have a DVD drive that can write to DVDs then you should have received the software to burn to it with the drive.

What kind of video file is it that you are trying to burn? If you can play it in media player your burning software should be able to burn it to a video dvd. There are no "files and stuff" that you should need. When you burn the DVD it should make all the files on the dvd. What burning software are you using? It sounds like you just need help in working the software you have.

Nero works well for me and is able to convert most video files when it burns the DVD. (There are some that require extra configuration such as powerpoint videos but those are ones I create myself.)
0 Replies

Dartboy

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 04:12 pm
Hey Parados, Im using DVD Shrink 3.1, My computer has a dvd writer but came with no program for it. The video file does work on Media Player, its a homemade movie I made of a holiday and used Window Movie Maker to edit.
Thanks for your help and Ill check out Nero to see if it helps me.
0 Replies

Dartboy

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 03:52 am
I've been trying to put movies onto a 7.5mb dvd disk right, the movie is 700mb but nero is making the movie bigger than it really is, why? and help
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 04:05 am
Try real player dartboy

http://www.realplayer.com.au/ scroll down for the download.

Nero is probably putting files on that enable format changing.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 04:15 am
Dartboy wrote:
Hey Parados, Im using DVD Shrink 3.1,

DVD Shrink is for ripping DVDs, not for authoring DVDs.

Quote:
The video file does work on Media Player, its a homemade movie I made of a holiday and used Window Movie Maker to edit.

You can use Windows Movie Maker to save it to a DVD.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/create/savetodvd.mspx
0 Replies