editing of passage meant for Year 3 students

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 05:51 am
Hi

Could someone please edit this passage meant for Year 3 students for me? Thank you very much.

I live in a five-room flat. I am fortunate because most of my neighbours are friendly and considerate. The lifts are clean and there is seldom any litter in them. Unlike some other blocks, one can sometimes see urine on the floors of the lifts. There are also several shops near my flat so it is easy to buy things that I need. Several coffee shops are near one another, so I have no problem when it comes to having my meal or a cup of drink. Medical clinics are a common sight. In fact, there are three within walking distance of my flat. If I am sick, I can just walk to the nearest medical clinic.

To go to school, I can take a bus there. Some people go to school or work by taxi. However, it is quite difficult to get a taxi because there are usually more passengers than taxis during the morning rush hour. Some people prefer to take the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT), which is our tube. There is an MRT station quite near my house. I have to take a ten-minute walk to reach the station. When I need to go shopping at the weekends, and it is more convenient to take the MRT, I will take the train to there, otherwise I will take a bus.

There is a 7-eleven convenience shop near my house. As it is open 24 hours a day, I can buy some food to cook or a loaf of bread when I am hungry when all the other shops are closed. I can walk there as it is nearby.

I like to live in my estate because of the convenience mentioned above.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 558 • Replies: 0
No top replies