Which morals?

stach

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 01:23 pm
I think there is something unfair about moral priorities of the US society and this applies to many different western countries. The society of the west openly supports promiscuous behavior, celebrates celebrities (notice the word "celebrity"), shows films full of violence, supports greed, supports
over consumption, materialistic values, success of material nature... All this is daily witnessed by our hopeless little immature kids who are raised
in this environment and naturally become part of it and share the same
immoral values - most of them before they are 18.

I saw a documentary about a few Brits who drove into Alabama with
some silly signs on their cars. Nascar sucks, I am bi, Hillary Clinton for President and others. As soon as they stopped at the first gas station in Alabama, they got almost killed. The woman who worked at the gas station didn't call police, she called the "boys". The British crew were in real danger of being killed. I mean what kind of society, what kind of morals does American public represent? On one hand they imprison a teacher who kissed a student before you say "kiss", on the other hand the same people want to kill a bisexual. It does not make sense. I thought what is shown in Borat is exaggerated or staged. Now I am afraid that there is something seriously wrong with the US society and I cannot respect its values as I used to.

If you guys in the US love and want to protect your kids so much, why the heck do you let your kids grow up in such an immoral country? It is legal and encouraged to google Paris Hilton a hundred times a day and want to look like her and be rich like her and have zillions of boyfriends like her but it is fatally destructive to be touched by your teacher. A 16 year old girl is an immature person that has to be protected, while a 40 woman from Alabama who wants to beat up a bisexual is a mature person and capable of raising children properly. BIG BS. Who are those emotionally stable, mature, moral people in the US? Where are they? Have you seen them?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 862 • Replies: 10
No top replies

stach

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 04:03 pm
why do i start these stupid threads? of course there are a lot of hypocrits in the US, of course, the morals in the US as a whole don't make sense, of course the people in Alabama who hate gays are crazy and dangerous, so what else is new? how do I change it? these forums change nothing, only we kill time chatting nonsense here, practicing intellectual skills

people here only exchange zillions of different views, whose opinion is right?
getting out of here
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 01:55 pm
All that stuff that you think is hypocritical - run it up the pole and I'll salute it. This is not a country for the weak of bladder. It's about freedom, and excellence - you can't put morality on stuff like that - it is what it is - and yet behaving the way we do we produce innovation, try to straighten out the rest of the world now and then. We're carrying the torch for the manifest destiny of humanity here.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 04:39 pm
lol true though, most americans are comeplete morons, the other 2 percent have to deal with it.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 02:32 am
Seems a most confused post. I can't make heads nor tails of what the actual objection is - it seems to be against laws that prevent teachers from entering relationships with their teenage students.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 02:03 pm
seriously, morals arent compatible with a society(globally speaking, humans in general) like this.

all you can do is hold on to your personal morals and hope heaven exists.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 02:06 pm
Why don't you invite Ramafuchs to this thread and then you can have a total dumpo on people in the US.

Talk about ignorant generalizations from afar..
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 04:31 pm
Re: Which morals?
stach wrote:
I saw a documentary about a few Brits who drove into Alabama with some silly signs on their cars. Nascar sucks, I am bi, Hillary Clinton for President and others. As soon as they stopped at the first gas station in Alabama, they got almost killed. The woman who worked at the gas station didn't call police, she called the "boys". The British crew were in real danger of being killed. I mean what kind of society, what kind of morals does American public represent? On one hand they imprison a teacher who kissed a student before you say "kiss", on the other hand the same people want to kill a bisexual. It does not make sense. I thought what is shown in Borat is exaggerated or staged. Now I am afraid that there is something seriously wrong with the US society and I cannot respect its values as I used to.

This "documentary" you saw isn't a documentary at all. The clip you are referring to is from the BBC program "Top Gear". The show is described on Wikipedia thusly "Top Gear is a BAFTA, Multi-NTA and Emmy Award-winning BBC television series about motor vehicles, mainly cars. It began in 1977 as a conventional motoring magazine show. Over time, and especially since a relaunch in 2002, it has developed a quirky, humorous style.". Nor did anyone come close to being killed as you claim. No one was even scratched nevermind coming anywhere near being killed. The entire thing was, in the crew's own words, "a game".

I'd have to question the intellectual capacity of someone who thinks that something that airs on a television comedy program is some sort of reflection of morality of an entire country.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 06:41 pm
nice sig. lol top gear is awesome, did they ever do a test drive on a bmw m3, **** i forget the tag for it , the super light bmdub with the cardboard in the trunk instead of a real floor to save weight. omg i drove one of those it was amazing, i was workin security at a high end condo and the valet let me drive some cars, omfg the bmw m6 holy ****! anyways if thats not a tangent / random **** i dont know what is.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 08:55 am
Re: Which morals?
fishin wrote:
stach wrote:
I saw a documentary about a few Brits who drove into Alabama with some silly signs on their cars. Nascar sucks, I am bi, Hillary Clinton for President and others. As soon as they stopped at the first gas station in Alabama, they got almost killed. The woman who worked at the gas station didn't call police, she called the "boys". The British crew were in real danger of being killed. I mean what kind of society, what kind of morals does American public represent? On one hand they imprison a teacher who kissed a student before you say "kiss", on the other hand the same people want to kill a bisexual. It does not make sense. I thought what is shown in Borat is exaggerated or staged. Now I am afraid that there is something seriously wrong with the US society and I cannot respect its values as I used to.

This "documentary" you saw isn't a documentary at all. The clip you are referring to is from the BBC program "Top Gear". The show is described on Wikipedia thusly "Top Gear is a BAFTA, Multi-NTA and Emmy Award-winning BBC television series about motor vehicles, mainly cars. It began in 1977 as a conventional motoring magazine show. Over time, and especially since a relaunch in 2002, it has developed a quirky, humorous style.". Nor did anyone come close to being killed as you claim. No one was even scratched nevermind coming anywhere near being killed. The entire thing was, in the crew's own words, "a game".

I'd have to question the intellectual capacity of someone who thinks that something that airs on a television comedy program is some sort of reflection of morality of an entire country.

Nice catch, fishin. Laughing
0 Replies

stach

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 06:49 pm
Ok, i didn't expect to get replies, came here quite late.

First off, I believe the Top Gear thing was staged. But the fact is - we all know, right? that huge parts of Americans really do think black and white and they are important part of American politics as American politics is made by people's opinions.

The original post that doesn't make much sense to some people is about me not able to understand the mess of American values. ANd we know American values very much influence the values of Western countries in general, but Americans are sometimes ridiculed by Europeans for their black and white attitude toward problems - what is right, what is wrong... THat is the bottom line of my original post - Americans know so well what is right and what is wrong and Europeans laugh at them about it - this is a simplistic picture but
the contradictions between the super pure ethical values and real life are alarming, not something to be taken lightly. At least, they are interesting problems to discuss.
0 Replies