The 2008 Oscar Nominations

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 12:52 pm
Don't remember that at all! The final still of Heath was his Ennis leaning up against the outside of the trailer at the beginning of "Brokeback Mountain,"
a role he will always be remembered for just like James Dean in "Giant."
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 02:48 am
It's been reported that,for the first time in over 40 years,Europeans have taken more top awards at this years Oscars than the US.I reckon it's down to all the info available on the web that the "voters" have finally paid attention to.They have discovered that the rest of the world has a voice and have had to adapt to today's way of thinking.
Congratulations to all winners,especially Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova with the song Falling Slowly,taken from one of my favorite "Indie" films Once.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 08:07 am
Gargamel wrote:
I missed it.

Can someone please confirm my suspiscion that, concluding the obligatory "Dead in 2007" montage was a slow motion Heath Ledger shot, a quick cut to Daniel Day Lewis on Camera 2, back to slow-motion-Ledger, ending with a fade to black? Followed by a standing ovation?

Yep, LW is right. It was a still of Heath Ledger. They did not cut to Daniel Day-Lewis or anyone else. There was an artsy shot of lights, I think, and then a brief fade to black and then commercials, as I recall.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 09:03 am
Just surmising. Again, I didn't see it.
0 Replies