How many computers do you have and...

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 06:24 pm
...What functions do you have them perform? What are their specs? What OS do they run? etc

I have

1.5ghz Laptop with 256 RAM and 40gig HDD running XP Pro - Used for Word Processing, Internet, Email, and Multimedia. Rarely used for gaming

AND

AMD 64Bit Atlon at 2.32ghz (I think), 1gig RAM, 80gig HDD currently without a OS and without function. Intention is to install and run happily Linux for experimental purposes.

I have about 4-5 P3 era computers that I am turning to learn how to cluster and act as one computer.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 372 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Chai

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 06:31 pm
I don't own a computer, or have access to one.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 06:33 pm
Chai wrote:
I don't own a computer, or have access to one.
wise decision, I concur.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 06:43 pm
I have one super F$#@KED up computer.

I find trojans (all different kinds) in there everyother week.

Also in there is the NSA, The CIA, the FBI, the FDA, My girlfriend, punch, dorritos and NAMBLA (the North American Man Boy Love Association).

My security system is that nobody can figure out what the hell is going on in there.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 06:18 am
I have a 2002 Dell Dimension 8300 Pentium 4 running XP SP2.

It has a 2.8G hard drive, and 1.5G of memory.

It has six surround sound speakers, (damned if I know why I sprung for all that), but a very slow DVD burner. I don't burn discs very often, so it really doesn't mattter.

I use the thing to surf the net, A2K (of course), do a lot of my banking and other financial stuff, and as little E Mail as possible. As a matter of fact, one of my biggest beefs are people who send out idiotic jokes to half the immediate world. Funny, 'cause I have at least a half dozen E Mail accounts, each of which I use for a different reason. I do a bit of word processing.

I do a lot of research on the net, as well as buy much too much "stuff" online. I post a lot of pictures online in so many picture sites, that I can't remember every one that I have. I don't play games on the net, but I do have a little bridge game installed on the computer.

I have an keyboard that came with the computer, which has lots of buttons, which I never use. Mr. P. complains that I use the keyboard itself so much that some of the letters on the board are rubbed off. Tough. If he learned how to type, he wouldn't need to see the letters!

I have a firewall, a virus scan, a spyware scan,and a registry fixer, which has saved my sanity on many occasions. I shouldn't open my mouth so fast, but so far, I have never gotten a virus. I am careful where I surf, and stay away from those sites that are notorious for viruses. A couple of times, my computer warned me that I had made a boo-boo and hit a nasty site. I quickly retreated, and all was well.

I plan on keeping this dinosaur until it dies of old age. It does everything that I want it to do. It is built like a brick sh!thouse. When my video card died, the tech who installed the new one said that this machine was made so much sturdier than the ones coming down the pike nowadays.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 07:16 am
You neglected to provide your IP address. Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 07:28 am
Intrepid wrote:
You neglected to provide your IP address. Laughing

A lady needs to keep some secrets! Laughing
0 Replies