Downloading pictures

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 09:01 am
I frequently receive picture attachments in my email with the suffix "pps". Windows XP won't open them, and one in particular I want to have. Most are silly pix, and although I would like to enjoy them, not important. But one I received from Israel I would very much like to open. Sad

Is there any way to change (on my computer) from pps to jpeg for example? Or can my correspondent change the format at her end so as to have it compatible with my computer?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 826 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 09:15 am
.pps is the file extention for Power Point slideshows. It's not an image but a slideshow that can contain images and text.

If you install Power Point (comes with MS Office) you will be able to open them.

You can't convert them to images because they are files that can contain may images etc.
0 Replies

MurrayS

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 01:42 pm
Power Point Viewer
Tom:

Microsoft has a free PowerPoint Viewer available on their website.. Just download and install it.. They also have Word and Excel viewers as well..

Viewer

Murray
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 02:54 pm
Downloading pictures
Do you all mean that I can get the viewer without installing Power Point?
0 Replies

MurrayS

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 03:01 pm
PPS Viewer
Yep.. as an example, my place of business uses Corel Office 10 (don't ask me why).. However, 90% of all attachments we get are in Word, PowerPoint or whatever..

Rather than show everyone how to save and open them using Corel, we just installed the required viewers..

Murray
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 03:02 pm
Downloading pictures
Okay, I think I'll try it. Thanks.
0 Replies

MurrayS

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 03:03 pm
Link
Here is the exact download link for the PPS viewer..

PowerPoint

Murray
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 03:13 pm
Downloading pictures
Damn! I tried downloading the Power Point viewer, and got my usual download response, i.e. there has been an internal error, tell MS about it, and then bingo! I'm off the Internet.

I wish I could get round this error thing. I did manage to download a new driver for my scanner yesterday, but in general I keep getting this message, and nothing gets downloaded.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 03:40 pm
Is this similar to what I'm running into, tomkitten? I get what are supposed to be pictures by email and end up with over 100k of seemingly random letters occupying several pages.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 05:48 pm
Downloading pictures
No, it's a message from Microsoft that appears when I'm trying to download stuff. If I click on the link for details it gives me all kinds of letters and numbers which apparently relate to my specific computer, not to the "internal error" in question. That is never identified (and I'm sure I wouldn't understand it, anyway). Confused

Now I'm going to the one-on-one MSN Help which is actually pretty good, to find out what the problem is, and what can be done about it.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 06:14 pm
Downloading pictures
Well, the download problem got solved; I had to uninstall/reinstall MSN 8, and the download went beautifully. However, my next problem is that my computer doesn't read Hebrew. I've set it up for reading right-to-left languages, but I don't have a Hebrew font.

Gee whiz, if it ain't one thing, it's another! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 06:48 pm
Ain't that the truth. So, when reading English, do you now have to read it in a mirror? Confused
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 07:02 am
Downloading pictures
No, but it's very peculiar to watch the English text appear from right to left when I reply to an email in Hebrew!
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 08:31 am
Downloading pictures
At last! I finally got the PowerPoint viewer organized, and now I've had the opportunity to see the pictures and slide show that were sent from Israel. Very Happy

So thank you everybody.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 08:38 am
Downloading pictures
BTW, Roger - Did you get your problem straightened out? Have the strings of random letters turned into pictures?
0 Replies