Power probems with toshiba a70 laptop

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 03:28 pm
Hello, I am hoping someone out there will be able to give me some insight on this problme i'm having with my laptop.

I have a toshiba a70 laptop....recently got a new power adapter for it.

It won't run on the ac cord if the battery is in the machine. When its plugged in and the battery is in the LED light says its got power through ac.....but it i still running off the battery for some reason.

Recently I think I fried the battery so its not really charging much anymore.

For the life of me I can't figure out what is wrong and havnt been able to find much info about it online.

Any ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,168 • Replies: 4
No top replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 03:42 pm
Stop messing with the battery, adapter, power cord (may be dangerous) and read this:

Quote:

Over a relatively short period, certain incidents occurred where certain battery packs installed in Toshiba portable computers caught fire. Based on its investigation, Sony Corporation, supplier of the subject batteries, concluded that certain battery cells manufactured in a specific manufacturing lot could be affected by a certain issue that could potentially lead to a safety issue. According to investigation of the battery supplier, this Recall program should be limited to the manufacturing lot of the battery cells covered by this notice. Toshiba decided to launch a new recall program for the battery packs identified by the battery supplier as containing the battery cells manufactured in the specific manufacturing lot.

Toshiba strongly recommends that customers participate in this new battery pack replacement program as soon as possible.

The subject battery packs will be replaced free of charge. This offer extends only to replacement of the subject battery packs, and does not include replacement of any Toshiba computer. Please see the list of models below to determine whether a Toshiba product you own may be eligible for battery pack replacement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you need help with the identification process you may call the Toshiba Global Support Center , at 800-457-7777.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 03:57 pm
I wish mine was one of the models able to take part in that! Unfortunatly, it's not. Thanks for the link:)
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 04:26 am
Sounds like you need a new battery.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 11:26 pm
Right you are!! I do need a new battery, thankfully! I thought it could have been the motherboard....

Thanks, cheers!
0 Replies