R YOUTH LIMITS On Drivers' Licenses Legitimate ? If So, Y ?

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 04:50 am
R YOUTH LIMITS On Drivers' Licenses Legitimate ? If So, Y ?

Did Youth grant government CONSENT to be governed ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 532 • Replies: 6
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 06:23 am
Why is it that crazy ranters like you can't write properly?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 01:09 pm
contrex wrote:
Why is it that crazy ranters like you

I was only ASKING

Quote:
can't write properly?

I am endeavoring to tear down the paradime
of conventional spelling, insofar as it is not fonetic
thus to make it easier for tomorrow 's children to learn,
n for everyone to use.

For many decades,
I used n applied conventional spelling.
I corrected my secretaries when thay deviated from it;
( this was before computers with spell check ).

I have since repented of my evil ways and rejected them
( insofar as thay r not fonetic ).

David
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 01:10 pm
So far as consent to be governed goes, most felons don't exactly consent to being sent to prison.

As to age limits, there is such a thing as maturity. We needn't become an anarchy in persuit of fairness.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 01:15 pm
Interesting.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 01:57 pm
Roger- I agree as far as age restrictions are concerned. I think that the insurance statistics have shown clearly that younger drivers are more likely to get into accidents. I think that what we are dealing with here is a public safety issue.
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 03:07 pm
In Pennsylvania, last time I checked, the kids had to do community service to graduate high school and don't get their license 'till their 18. The force behind it is the fact that PA is full of old people who like to square other people's vibes and think they can force them to turn that toilet of a state into a garden spot while they watch Judge Judy.

Anyway, I'd say it's possible, given physical and mental limitations, and the fact that the roads are state-run, to throw some weight around on the issue without stepping on the constitution. Still, they should stay the out of the way with it - like restrict it to however old you want, but don't stop kids going to college early or working. Nor would making an exception in those cases only be right - because you'd be turning the business of driving a car on the road into something it isn't.

Same with the whole community-service-for-everything deal - it isn't changing one's life experience, if they tried that there'd be torches and pitchforks, it's just adulterating education. But that's the whole problem with liberalism - let's just tweak things and make people jump through hoops a bit till we get a perfect society - all the while the G gets more power.

If folks could have a reason within the norms of society, and can pull it off, let them drive. The issue of danger to public safety thing shouldn't come up - I mean, someone screws up take the license away, before that, what can you do? This way the DOT is just the DOT, not the department of evaluating kids' maturity and just-cause to drive. One way or the other it's going to be cops that were too short to be State Police making the call, so how discerning could we be even if we wanted to give those little donut-eating bastards more power?
0 Replies