Iraqi Soldier Who Killed U.S. Troops is a Hero in Iraq

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 11:12 am
"Democracy Now"? That's the flagship program for pacifica ... and it's broadcast on NPR. It's primary function is antiwar activism, along with other assorted left focused issue. This is the crap you are holding up as a model of news reporting? At least Fox lets a leftist appear on their programs and get a few words in edgewise.

Biased and completely politically motivated dreck.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 11:13 am
Amigo wrote:
Is it true? And is it a scandal? I'd be willing to bet yes. I don't see it.

Even Bush loving conservative should listen to selected shows on Pacifica and they will be far my informed with inside and direct source interveiws.

You probably read the Huffington Report daily .... be honest.

And with dailykos bookmarked right next to it. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 11:36 am
Ticomaya wrote:
"Democracy Now"? That's the flagship program for pacifica ... and it's broadcast on NPR. It's primary function is antiwar activism, along with other assorted left focused issue. This is the crap you are holding up as a model of news reporting? At least Fox lets a leftist appear on their programs and get a few words in edgewise.

Biased and completely politically motivated dreck.
Yes but it's true. The right wing sources are always wrong. If I was a right winger I would be pissed that my right wing sources always had me missinformed, and for what? Why?

That they are reporting the truth. that is far more important then if they are for or against the war or if they are left or right. They interveiw people in the field.

Where can you go for things like this:

Gen Petraeus House committees Hearing Special Coverage - The Status of the Iraqi Occupation - Post Show Interviews

This is on Pacifica among other things.

Where is the Pacifica of the Right wing?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 11:39 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Amigo wrote:
Is it true? And is it a scandal? I'd be willing to bet yes. I don't see it.

Even Bush loving conservative should listen to selected shows on Pacifica and they will be far my informed with inside and direct source interveiws.

You probably read the Huffington Report daily .... be honest.

And with dailykos bookmarked right next to it. Rolling Eyes
I have but I cross reference and go to many sources. Mainstream is always the worst and will have you under and misinformed.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 11:42 am
Amigo wrote:
Where is the Pacifica of the Right wing?

I thought you alluded to Newsmax earlier ...
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 12:38 pm
Quote:
Even if the invaders are desired in the country at the time by the majority of the country's population and by its democratically-elected government?

The US is an invader, plain and simple. It was not invited, it invaded.

And you are refering to the Puppet governmment, are you not. If the Iraqi govt told the US to leave, do you really think they would?

As far as I can see - not a chance in hell - which makes them an invader still.

Quote:
It's not as black and white as you are making it out to be.

Oh you can certainly draw shades of grey through this case. But in the end, and invader is an invader is an invader. Trying to put a different slant on it is a very western thing to salve ones conscious and make it look like 'we' are doing good. 'We' invaded, plain and simple.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 03:40 pm
Amigo wrote:
This could be a trend. Fully outfitted and trained Iraqis turned enemy.

How many of us would have done the same thing?

Insurgents in kevlar. Oh oh.

thats why i couldnt be in the military.
i couldnt handle that ****, id kill everyone for being ******* idiots.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 03:44 pm
vikorr wrote:
Quote:
Even if the invaders are desired in the country at the time by the majority of the country's population and by its democratically-elected government?

The US is an invader, plain and simple. It was not invited, it invaded.

And you are refering to the Puppet governmment, are you not. If the Iraqi govt told the US to leave, do you really think they would?

As far as I can see - not a chance in hell - which makes them an invader still.

Quote:
It's not as black and white as you are making it out to be.

Oh you can certainly draw shades of grey through this case. But in the end, and invader is an invader is an invader. Trying to put a different slant on it is a very western thing to salve ones conscious and make it look like 'we' are doing good. 'We' invaded, plain and simple.

what would you do if china invaded us and said we they were "helping us towards communist government"?

thats right . you would pick up some guns and start blastin some "invaders", or actually, i doubt any americans would do any shooting at all.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 04:06 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
what would you do if china invaded us and said we they were "helping us towards communist government"?

thats right . you would pick up some guns and start blastin some "invaders", or actually, i doubt any americans would do any shooting at all.

Which is it? You think two different things in the same sentence here.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 05:58 pm
ticomaya wrote:
At least Fox lets a leftist appear on their programs and get a few words in edgewise.

And who might that be?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 07:57 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
ticomaya wrote:
At least Fox lets a leftist appear on their programs and get a few words in edgewise.

And who might that be?

I forgot his name. It was a while back.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 11:34 pm
FORGOT HIS NAME!!!!!

You drunk Bastard!
0 Replies