Why was she murdered?

newgirl

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 08:40 am
I don't usually do riddles, but someone asked me this one yesterday, and it's driving me crazy. Anyone have any ideas?

So there is a woman found murdered, naked in a bed. The room has one window, a small bathroom and one door that leads out. There is no light coming from the window. Last clue, the woman is still there. She could be there forever.

I'm supposed to figure out why she was murdered. I was also told that if I can figure out where she is, it will explain why she was murdered. Last clue: the window is round.

Anyone heard this riddle before?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,597 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 09:59 am
Hi, you must be the new girl on the block; welcome to A2K and the forum.
Wow, what a question to start; however, I am sure someone smarter than me will come up with an answer. In the meantime do checkout the site and enjoy.
0 Replies

newgirl

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 10:56 am
Thank you. I had an idea. Maybe she's on a ship that sunk. That would explain the round window, the lack of light....
0 Replies

TehMeh

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 02:05 pm
You hit the nail on the hammer!
(Or is it the other way around?)

Your answer makes perfect sense. Of course, there could be deep sea prison that none of us know about, but your answer is much more sensible!
0 Replies

mars90000000

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 12:45 pm
the boat makes sense.....the Titanic perhaps Very Happy
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 01:38 pm
The boat answer says how. The question was why, correct?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 03:00 pm
in a sunken boat
the dead woman was naked

why she was killed? someone took her diving suit (old-fashioned diving suit with self-contained oxygen)

i am only guessing
0 Replies

TeaseMe

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 12:09 am
in a lighthouse.. motive being to turn out the lighthouse light as to sink a ship ( or ships ) to kill certain people/sink certain cargo
0 Replies

Kapperific

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 02:19 pm
If it was the Titanic, it could have been someone had killed her so that they could disguise themselves to get on a boat, as I heard some men disguised themselves as women to get on the little boats. If not the Titanic, the ship was probably sinking, and someone who needed an oxygen tank and diving suit may have killed her to get hers and escape the ship.
0 Replies

zoofer

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 08:50 pm
If someone killed her to swipe her diving suit why did he put her to bed?
Do women wear diving suits and no panties or T-shirt?
0 Replies

Pamela Rosa

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 05:53 am
Re: Why was she murdered?
newgirl wrote:

So there is a woman found murdered,....

Who found her murdered?
0 Replies

Pamela Rosa

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 02:58 pm
She was a researcher in the Arctic Circle and during a polar night she was raped and murdered by......
0 Replies

thoh13

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 03:42 pm
.......a walrus
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 03:56 pm
thoh13 wrote:
.......a walrus

I thought "The Walrus" was Paul.

Rap
0 Replies

hearsehats

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 08:56 am
Kapperific surely has the answer. The ship is sinking, lifeboats go to women and children first, so a man decides to kill her, wear her clothes and sneak onto a lifeboat. The ship sinks and she's entombed at the bottom of the sea forever. She could have been found by divers or a submersible robot, but they wouldn't try to recover her body.
0 Replies

jeska

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 10:17 pm
So there is a woman found murdered, naked in a bed. The room has one window, a small bathroom and one door that leads out. There is no light coming from the window. Last clue, the woman is still there. She could be there forever.

my fist thing that pop in my mind was the same thing has all of you...but murdered!!! that what make me thing...she didn't died she was murdered... all i could say is why are we trying to find why she was MURDERED
0 Replies

ginerr

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 08:37 am
it says shes in a room...
&
would a boat really have a bed.. in it?
0 Replies

Pamela Rosa

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 07:24 am
newgirl wrote:
So there is a woman found murdered, naked in a bed. The room has one window, a small bathroom and one door that leads out. There is no light coming from the window. Last clue, the woman is still there.
She could be there forever.

'She could be there forever'
Maybe it has to do with 'the salvage law'?
Until the murdered girl stays there, the ship is not abandoned. It is still manned, it means it is still property which belongs to somone.
The honorable act of captain is to go down with the most important thing in his life and continue to be a captain of his ship.
The captain is not there.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 08:45 am
OK OK OK.... What if it isn't a sunken ship. What if it is a space capsule? They have round windows, small bathrooms and one door out. Bed- I guess so. The other occupant took the only spacesuit and left through the door, depressurizing the space capsule. No light coming in the window, and she may be there forever.
0 Replies

fauzia

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 12:46 pm
hey
hey i am new ot this website.
can anyone explain to me how to use this website.
if you do then please write a message pleassssse!!
0 Replies