Need help with steganographics

Trygve

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 01:55 am
This is very important to me, and I shall be very gratefull if someone could help me or point me in thr right direction.
I was told there was a lot of brain power in here, so lets see..

I have two jpeg files that show two scanned documents. One being a illustration, and the other one a letter.

Severel secret messages should be hidden within, but I am stuck and hope some fresh eyes can help.

http://www.imageno.com/thumbs/20080103/qp19nfngbiow.jpghttp://www.imageno.com/thumbs/20071230/0cuwkzcmcda6.jpg

The two images shows folds in the paper it is scanned from, and the folds are identical, indicating that the images should be superimposed?

superimposing them and turned negative:
http://www.imageno.com/thumbs/20080104/t5zglbrxt71o.jpg

I am stuck. I have a transcripts and translations of the texy if anyone is interested.

Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,170 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Asherman

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 10:21 am
Please post both the transcript and the translation.

The image is very suggestive of the Masonic divider and square symbol, and the writing on it further seem suggest a Masonic connection. I'm not really very familiar with French Masonic materials, so further thought and research will be necessary. Is the picture printed, or original art? Are the two kangi characters in the lower corners printed, or written? If the image/page was printed, we looked to understand why this particular piece was chosen. If the base image is as it appears to be printed, that could provide clues to help decipher any "hidden" message. Knowing more about the context, who wrote this note and who was its intended recipient are important.

The condition of the materials suggest that they have been around for awhile. We are intrigued as to the possible meaning of the clock face showing 8 o'clock. At first glance the men shown at the bottom of the first page appeared to be in spacesuits, but after looking more carefully they could be hikers or mountain climbers. The placement of the words and extensions of the hand drawn lines are suggestive, but of what we can't be sure at this time. Who is Nicholas? Dated 1924 in Paris is helpful, but a more precise understanding of when and where might be helpful.

The two documents seem to belong together, and the folds may not be indicative of anything other than they were folded together in an envelope. Why do you think that transposition of the two is meaningful? Perhaps, this is just a clever assignation to avoid having the lady's husband break into a tryst. Why do you suppose that these two documents have a hidden meaning worth pursuing? If there is a cipher involved, you need a fluent French speaking analyst. Probably the same if it is a code, and codes can be very hard to break without a key.
0 Replies

Trygve

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 03:42 pm
I do believe that both the photo and the letter has a Masonic connection, but i do not know which.

All I have on Nicolas is his last name Belmont. I have tried to find anything on him on the web, but i am not an experienced searcher.

The two chinese characters I have translated to either Metal Rooster or Golden Chicken, but I am not sure.

I was told that one is a photograph and the other is a letter. If they indeed both are digital artwork, I am not sure either.

The reason I think the base used for the two images are the same, are that it would be nearly impossible in my opinion to get such matching folds, especially if the two are parchment and photopaper.

The clock is very strange since both hands have equal length.

Here is a transcript of the text :

Mon cher amour,

Au moment même où je vous écris ces mots,
nos ennemis gagnent du terrain. Je ne les
laisserai pas me prendre.

Les secrets que je garde ne doivent
pas, ne devront pas, tomber entre leurs mains.
J'ai essayé d'empêcher ces terribles événements
d'avoir lieu, mais j'ai bien peur d'avoir échoué.
Mon amour, je ne vous reverrez plus, mais vous portez
en vous mon héritage. Mettez vous à l'abris . Allez à
l'Ouest, au Nouveau Monde et cherchez y nos amis.
Ils vous aideront tous les deux.

Mais prennez garde,
Nous sommes face au plus grand de tous les mystères.
Une conspiration plus anciène que cet âge, que
tous les âges.

Ils se rêveillent.
Ca a commencé.

Eternellement vôtre,

Nicolas,
Paris, 1924

And her is the translation I've had made so far, but those translating it, said it was a "clumsy" french, with several misspells:

My beloved darling
As I write these words
our enemies are gaining territory. I will not
let them take me.
The secrets that I keep cannot,
must not, fall in their hands.
I tried to stop these terrible events
from taking place, but I am afraid I have failed.

My love, I will never see you again
but you carry my heritage with you. Protect yourself. Go west
to the new world and look for our friends.
They will help the both of you.

But be cautious,
we are faced with the biggest of all mysteries,
a conspiracy older than this age,
all ages.
They are awakening.
It has begun.

Forever yours,

Nicolas
Paris 1924
0 Replies

SULLYFISH66

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 03:59 pm
What "terrible events" took place in Paris 1924?

What does "you carry my heritage" mean. Is the woman pregnant?

This could mean ANYTHING from a guy losing his job and sending his lover away to a political conspiracy . . . .

Who knows?
0 Replies

Trygve

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 05:43 pm
I am looking for a hidden message somewhere. The apperant information is somewhat irrelevant.

I need help with steganography. What to look for. Are there any "maesonic traditions" of hiding messages on parchment?
Are there any signs that the letter should be folded in some way?

As You see i have marked a lot of places in one of the files I posted.
Things like:
Writing that seems to be erased under the visible letters.
Strange inkspots and small lines across the letter.
Odd spacing
Misspells
Areas and underlining that seems erased and restored

What kind of metadata can i extract from the files? Can another image be hidden within the JPEG?
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 06:09 pm
I want to know a whole lot more about Nicolas Belmont. The name seems French to me, but that's not a language I'm any good at. If Nicolas was French, then awkward phraseology and spelling may be more significant. I'm aware of nothing of historical of seeming relevance that was afoot in 1924 Paris. The most productive line of inquiry at the moment is to trace this Nicolas Belmont in detail. Was he a madman? Where, when and why did he die? What did he do for a living, and was he a member of one of the Parisian Masonic Lodges?

It appears that the first page, the one with the image, was printed and then written on by someone. Presumably the printed image was available to the author in 1924. Who printed it, and what numbers. Was the print in general circulation, or confined to a specific group? Why did Nicolas (?) choose this printed image as the base for his cryptic drawing and notes? Would any other common printed image have worked as well? The two Kangi characters were probably printed onto the sheet prior to its being used, and thus may not have any special meaning. Some of the writing and hand drawn lines appear neat, but other seem careless and even a bit sloppy.

I'm not convinced that the folds appearing on the two sheets is anything more than an indication that they were folded up together at some point. It is interesting in the transposition that the two extension lines drawn on the "square" converge over a single word on the text page. That might indicate that the indicated word is a cypher key, and you might look into that possibility.

An intriguing problem, but not one that especially motivates me to dig very much deeper personally.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 12:53 am
I've sat and looked this thing over, and what I see in the picture is possibly King Solomon's Tomb, with the Square and Compass directly overhead, along with the 6 sided star drawn over that.

King Solomon's Temple
Quote:
In Freemasonry, the Temple of Solomon has played a most important part. Time was when every Masonic writer subscribed with unhesitating faith to the theory that freemasonry was there first organized; that there Solomon, Hiram of Tyre, and Hiram Abif presided as Grand Masters over the Lodges which they had established; that there the Symbolic Degrees were instituted and systems of initiation were invented; and that from that period to the present Freemasonry has passed down the stream of Time in unbroken succession and unaltered form. But the modern method of reading Masonic history has swept away this edifice of imagination with as unsparing a hand, and as effectual a power, as those with which the Babylonian King demolished the structure upon which they are founded. No writer who values his reputation as a critical historian would now attempt to defend this theory. Yet it has done its work.

The 6 sided star:
http://www.radioliberty.com/Symbols%20and%20their%20meaning_files/symbol15.gif

Quote:
HEXAGRAM (see "triangles) or SIX-POINTED STAR: When surrounded by a circle, it represents the "divine mind" (a counterfeit of God's wisdom) to numerous occult groups through the centuries. Many still use it in occult rituals. But to Jewish people, it is their Star of David.

When superimposed, I also see an arrow pointing up, which is North. Those are all Masonic symbols.......(me thinks you think you have a treasure map)

The words written in the corners of the pentagram as far as I can make out are:

Dominus ~"Lord"
Deus ~ "God/Diety or Divine"
Engo~"therefore",
in Adam~ of course some consider the first prophet
Soponem, or Sopemem which I can't see to find a meaning too or if I've read it correctly?? But there has to be a few other words missing since the pentagram isn't complete.

Also, on the bottom of the hexagram w/ the circle is the number 13 or 12 or 31 upside down, 13 is a very symbolic number for the Masons and Illumaniti........but not sure if it is the number 13....

I haven't quite figured out the clock yet which seems to be pointing to 8:00, but wonder if maybe its not meant to be compass pointing in the direction such as North West. (I know, a compass doesn't have two hands)

So the #8
Quote:
Among the Pythagoreans the number eight was esteemed as the first cube, being formed by the continued multiplication of 2 by 2 by 2, and signified friendship, prudence, counsel, and justice; and, as the cube or reduplication of the first even number, it was made to refer to the primitive law of nature, which supposes all men to be equal.

Or the meaning of the 3 men, but the number 3 is significant as well.........but still looking.....

I've went through searching for Nicolas Belmont, even went as far as to do a such through Ancestry.com, and nothing comes up on him.

What does it mean? I have no clue yet.......

Where did you come by the letter?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 02:45 am
Ok, this is gonna drive me crazy...lol Shocked

The Chinese symbols, they are on the pic, now whether they were put there by the author or not, or what their intentions were...who knows.....

We need to figure out where the picture originated from???

I did a search on the symbol "Metal Rooster" and what I got from that...... was the dates Feb 8, 1921-Jan 27, 1922. (Chinese astrology) The year of the Metal Rooster. Of course there have been others since then, but with the letter being signed 1927, thats the one that stuck out....

Maybe thats a key date/period of time?

The Golden Chicken is sopposed to represent wealth and prosperity.

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/Stephanie1970/th_Arrow1.jpghttp://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/Stephanie1970/th_Pentagram.jpghttp://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/Stephanie1970/th_Number.jpg

I probably haven't made a lick of sense, more than likely all rubbish that I've come up with, but I do believe the picture along with the scribbles on it, together with the talk of conspiracy in the letter have something to with either the Masons or the possibly Illumanti.....
0 Replies

Trygve

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 09:34 am
I believe the chinese symbols says the photo was taken in 1921.

The text in the pentagram says : ergo Dominus Deus soporem Adam
It is from Genesis 2.21

Inmisit ergo Dominus Deus soporem in Adam cumque obdormisset tulit unam de costis eius et replevit carnem pro ea
- "Then the Lord God cast a deep sleep upon Adam: and when he was fast asleep, he took one of his ribs, and filled up flesh for it".

Many things lie in this story, and I like to tell if anyone wishes, but for now, I need to get further with this, and I am convinced the answer lies in cryptography, and in the letter.

The word reverrez is apperantly either a key to a code, or the first hint to read the hidden information.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 10:15 am
WEll yeah...this curious mind wants to know, so spill the beans!

This is intriguing to me, for a few reasons......
0 Replies

Trygve

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 06:20 am
When opening the print of the photo in a text editor like wordpad, the following text is found in the metadata :

"We descended into the valley, ten years after A. first found the gate.
After taking the photograph, I followed, the last man through that terrifying stone door.
I remember turning, seeing a dazzling blue sky, a brilliant white sun, and then...descending into that primeval, eldritch darkness. Led by Tibetan Sherpas, our journey into the mountain felt eternal - hours turning into days, ever downwards, madness lurking at the edge of our thoughts - until finally we--"
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 11:16 am
Quote:
We descended into the valley, ten years after A. first found the gate.
After taking the photograph, I followed, the last man through that terrifying stone door.
I remember turning, seeing a dazzling blue sky, a brilliant white sun, and then...descending into that primeval, eldritch darkness. Led by Tibetan Sherpas, our journey into the mountain felt eternal - hours turning into days, ever downwards, madness lurking at the edge of our thoughts - until finally we--"

And we....we what? Well hellfire........lmao

Ok, I'll be back, right now I gotta go and do schoolwork with my children, but will be thinking about this..........

I'm going to have to go and get my printer hooked up and print this off so I can look at it that way............
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 12:52 pm
I googled that last quotation, and found a Dutch site that has additional information. The important thing, though is that this appears to be basically a new computer game based on a number of myths, mysteries, and conspiracy theories.

Quote:
Funcom reveals The Secret World

A modern day online world of action, horror and intriguing conspiracies awaits
New action-packed MMO set to release on both Xbox 360 and PC

Durham, USA - May 11th, 2007 From the creators of (Age of Conan, Anarchy Online, The Longest Journey and Dreamfall comes a brave new massively multiplayer online role-playing game for the PC and Xbox 360. Taking place on our earth, in our times, The Secret World (TSW) is inspired by history and mythology, modern conspiracy theories and ancient mysteries.

For there really is a world within ours, a secret world, where magic exists, monsters roam and ancient forces are fighting for the dominance of earth. It is a world of legendary stories, ageless conflicts and powerful cabals. In this world, even modern cities hide secrets. In this world, players can take part in the greatest conspiracies of our age, and battle the forces of darkness across the world and throughout time.

We started envisioning this contemporary online world more than ten years ago, and as the years passed the ideas grew and improved, said Ragnar Tørnquist, Producer and Director onThe Secret World. We always wanted a different kind of online world, something scary and contemporary, something deeper and closer to our reality. Our goal now is to create a detailed world where players feel empowered and part of something big, something mystical and epic.

We believe there are millions of gamers out there who want to explore something beyond traditional fantasy and sci-fi games, said Trond Arne Aas, CEO of Funcom. The Secret World is just that a fantastic new setting that will fuel the imagination of online gamers, and keep players busy for years. We have a golden opportunity to bring something fresh and exciting to the genre, and we firmly believe the game is an ideal extension of Funcoms MMO portfolio.

The Secret World has been in development since last summer and the game is in a playable state. It is produced at the Funcom studios in Oslo and Beijing. A release date is not being announced at this point, but players are already getting involved in the fast-growing community. Through a complex web-based mystery launched on May 6th, players are being led to a series of websites, including www.DarkDaysAreComing.com , where after solving a puzzle concept art from the game is being unveiled.

As a gamer you can become a member of the first wave community, and through pioneer forums you can discuss and explore the intriguing backstory. To access the forums and learn more about the mystery make sure you check out: http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/Funcom reveals The Secret World

A modern day online world of action, horror and intriguing conspiracies awaits
New action-packed MMO set to release on both Xbox 360 and PC

Durham, USA - May 11th, 2007 From the creators of (Age of Conan, Anarchy Online, The Longest Journey and Dreamfall comes a brave new massively multiplayer online role-playing game for the PC and Xbox 360. Taking place on our earth, in our times, The Secret World (TSW) is inspired by history and mythology, modern conspiracy theories and ancient mysteries.

For there really is a world within ours, a secret world, where magic exists, monsters roam and ancient forces are fighting for the dominance of earth. It is a world of legendary stories, ageless conflicts and powerful cabals. In this world, even modern cities hide secrets. In this world, players can take part in the greatest conspiracies of our age, and battle the forces of darkness across the world and throughout time.

We started envisioning this contemporary online world more than ten years ago, and as the years passed the ideas grew and improved, said Ragnar Tørnquist, Producer and Director onThe Secret World. We always wanted a different kind of online world, something scary and contemporary, something deeper and closer to our reality. Our goal now is to create a detailed world where players feel empowered and part of something big, something mystical and epic.

We believe there are millions of gamers out there who want to explore something beyond traditional fantasy and sci-fi games, said Trond Arne Aas, CEO of Funcom. The Secret World is just that a fantastic new setting that will fuel the imagination of online gamers, and keep players busy for years. We have a golden opportunity to bring something fresh and exciting to the genre, and we firmly believe the game is an ideal extension of Funcoms MMO portfolio.

The Secret World has been in development since last summer and the game is in a playable state. It is produced at the Funcom studios in Oslo and Beijing. A release date is not being announced at this point, but players are already getting involved in the fast-growing community. Through a complex web-based mystery launched on May 6th, players are being led to a series of websites, including www.DarkDaysAreComing.com , where after solving a puzzle concept art from the game is being unveiled.

As a gamer you can become a member of the first wave community, and through pioneer forums you can discuss and explore the intriguing backstory. To access the forums and learn more about the mystery make sure you check out: http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 01:27 pm
Asherman wrote:
Quote:
I googled that last quotation, and found a Dutch site that has additional information. The important thing, though is that this appears to be basically a new computer game based on a number of myths, mysteries, and conspiracy theories.

Well, you beat me too it..lol I was headed back in here to do just that.

Hummmm..........
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 02:05 pm
From this website: http://www.wikitsw.com/index.php?title=Letter_of_May_11%2C_2007_1

Welcome to WikiTSW.com, a wiki guide for Funcom's The Secret World!

http://www.wikitsw.com/images/thumb/7/72/Conspiracy2.jpg/300px-Conspiracy2.jpg

http://www.wikitsw.com/images/thumb/1/11/Thebackofthepicture.jpg/300px-Thebackofthepicture.jpg

Quote:
said I would call on you again. I had no idea it would be so soon. A trusted friend has sent me a scan of an old photograph thought lost that may hold clues to the true nature of the conspiracy. I need your help to decipher the clues and find its source. You were the ones, the chosen ones, who discovered the truth behind the numbers. You are needed once more.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thehiddenplaces/493782881/

Your friend, HS

Quote:
The Photo linked to in this letter was removed from Flickr soon after this letter had been posted. The text that accompanied the photograph had been saved by someone before that. It read:

"A.B. sent it to me. I don't yet know why - she refuses to say. What significance does it hold? I must gather the following information: When was it taken. Where - exactly - and by whom. Who is the man standing near the camera? And how will this information relate to the approaching darkness? (Quickly now...they are trying to make this all go away. I will have to move the photograph again soon.)"

The Flickr-link now says "The Photo you were looking for has been deleted. You might like to ask The Secret Places about it!"

ALSO;

Quote:
Chinese signs: The year of the Metal Rooster - 1921 - sorted, and confirmed by a Friend (correct me if I'm wrong)
Bible quote: Genesis, gives us the number 1221, or Dec. 21 - sorted and confirmed
Embedded text: Gives us the name Belmont - sorted and confirmed
The clock pointed to 8 and 12, giving the time that the photo was taken, 20:12.
Putting the year, month, day, hour, minute and co-ordinates together in a string on numbers formed the URL, which led to the picture of the back of the photo.
The Names: "Belmont" and "Amundsen" are the username and password to login at http://www.darkdaysarecoming.com/1921122120128615241534240/
This page says "Welcome back Aveline" and asks for a username and password.

The pentagram must still be solved.

[edit] The Latin words around the pentagram
ergo Dominus Deus soporem Adam - words from Genesis 2.21 -

Then the Lord God cast a deep sleep upon Adam: and when he was fast asleep, he took one of his ribs, and filled up flesh for it. Inmisit ergo Dominus Deus soporem in Adam cumque obdormisset tulit unam de costis eius et replevit carnem pro ea

[edit] Facts
The photo was taken by Nicolas Belmont at the Antarctica(86 15' 24S, 153 42' 40E) 20:12 Dec 12th 1921.
This we can put togheter and make the url http://www.darkdaysarecoming.com/1921122120128615241534240/ (Username: Belmont Password: Amundsen)

[edit] Notes
Who is the man standing near the camera?

And how will this information relate to the approaching darkness?

Retrieved from "http://www.wikitsw.com/index.php?title=The_Photo"

Quote:
Nicolas Belmont does not seem to be appear on either Google or Wikipedia or any other online source, which, combined with the fact that the picture according to flickr.com was taken in Belmont, New Hampshire, sparked some theories that it may be another anagram or a code hiding the real name, but in Letter of May 12, 2007, A friend does say that he "recognizes the name".

Everything below this point is pure speculation.

It's currently believed that Nicolas Belmont is a purely fictional character, based on the fact that he does not appear on Google or Wikipedia (as noted above).
A.B., referred to in A friend's letters, is likely to be Aveline Belmont, whom Nicolas mentions in the letter on the back of The Photo.

Quote:
Aveline Belmont is A.B. who was refered to in this letter: Letter of May 14, 2007 3 seems to confirm this, stating: "I know now who A.B. is, and I know how to contact her. She might - no, she will - help me disappear. And I trust that she will be able to answer a few of my many questions regarding the sleeping threat."

The first encounter with the name "Aveline" so far is at the login page found here http://www.darkdaysarecoming.com/1921122120128615241534240/. For more information on this page, see The Photo.

So what was your point with this? I found it interesting based on some reading I have done in the past few months on the KGC, Freemasons and the Illuminati.............

So what was your point in this?
0 Replies

SULLYFISH66

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 05:50 pm
IT'S A GAME!!!!!
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 06:49 pm
SULLYFISH66 wrote:
Quote:
IT'S A GAME!!!!!

Yep! It would seem that way...........and here I thought he was being sincere and really needing help, I went through alot of trouble to find some of the things I posted in here to help him try to figure out what it he was seeking.....(along with Asherman)

But it's all a game.................I guess now, he can move to the next level....

LOL
0 Replies