The unconscious, mind and brain.

Ethel2

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 09:59 pm
Sorry Babs and perception, I've been too busy to read and comment for a while now. I'm writing reports with deadlines. I'll be glad to talk about dreams, but I can't study something right now. Although I would love to do so. Perception, can you summarize the article and I'll respond. BTW, I am a psychoanalyst in private practice, seeing analytic patients. So my interest goes beyond curiousity. But curiousity is the motivating factor that landed me in my profession.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 10:13 pm
Hi Lola

The article we are talking about is a model of how cognition is implemented in the brain and is quite extensive. I found it impossible to summarize in a comprehensible manner. I was of the opinion that it might be valuable to you to better understand the neural process because I have no idea how much background you have in neuroscience.

I'm curious about your profession----I was of the opinion that psychiatry and psychoanalysis were inseparable while psychology was a more generalized study of psychological factors relating to human conduct.
0 Replies