Charlie Wilson's War

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 11:37 pm
Anyone see this movie?

Apparently, the belly dance in the move is Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillip' daughter, Tracy.

Wow, who would have thought that he could have produced such a hot daughter.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 652 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 05:13 am
Saw it.
Luckily, I was in Florida where Senior priced tickets are issued to anyone 60 years and over so I only wasted twelve dollars. (The cute ticket seller did a nice thing and a bad thing: she gave my much younger wife a Senior discount--- but she didn't card me.)
Where was I?

Oh... yeah.
Philip Seymour Hoffman wastes more than twelve dollars being in this movie. Tom Hanks... Jesusgod, Tom, what were you thinking? And Julia Roberts is looking for roles where she can play an older woman, but in this movie she has to have one scene in a bikini. (yum, if you like skinny women.)

This is a film about great, huge, massive historical events that runs 97 minutes and spends about 2/3 of that time trying to be wryly funny. Watch the TRAILER.

There. You have seen and heard all the good parts.

Joe(at least the popcorn was fresh)Nation
0 Replies

vid

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 01:45 pm
I saw it, and totally agree with Joe Nation. Why is it that most of these big stars can't see a turkey staring back at them when they read a script?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 02:33 pm
The wry humor is indeed overdone in an attempt to make the obvious political message palatable to good ol' boys.

But given that, Hanks and Hoffman give impeccable performances. I do not prefer to see Julia Roberts at all, ever, but her screen time is minimal.

It's totally worth the money.
0 Replies