aol 9.0

RedHawk

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 10:11 am
I downloaded AOL 9.0 the other day, and so far it is working OK. As a matter of fact, I am having far less problems that I had when I started using 8.0.

There is one minor irritant though.

If I get on-line, then get off, when I try to get on again, the sign on the screen is cut in half. That is to say the right hand half is missing and you can't use the mouse to enlarge it. Fortunately there is enough screen there to go ahead and sign on, but it looks funny and I wonder if it is not a harbinger of other problems that here-to-fore have escaped my attention.

It is fine if I close out the program and restart it, but if I just minimize it and try to go from that--only 1/2 of the screen appears.

Anybody else had this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 949 • Replies: 4
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 11:31 am
Red
Red, I downloaded 9.0 yesterday and had no problems until I logged off and logged in again later. I got a screen message that part of the program had been damaged and I had to use the "instant fix it" to correct it.

So far, no problems today.

I have not used it enough to decide if the changes inprove any functions I tend to use.

BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 03:10 pm
9.0 Killed a puter at work yesterday. I amstill trying to fix the registry and am not about to install it on another computer.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 05:37 pm
As a long time user of AOL since version 1.0, I never ever use the most current version, always at least one version removed.

AOL is notorious for issuing a buggy GM version and then "fixing" all the problems in the next version. Unfortunately, they create more problems in the current version then they fix.

By always following the practice of using the next to the newest version, I have rarely had any problems with AOL use. (It's a practice I follow with almost any software program. I refuse to pay companies so I can debug their programs for them.)

We won't even go there to talk about the frustrations with the AOL beta testing process. You don't want to get me started on that one. Sad
0 Replies

RedHawk

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 08:11 am
I think that is good policy. I uninstalled it the other day and everything is going a little smoother ever since. No point in being a guinea pig for AOL. Very Happy
0 Replies