Web site construction

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 02:06 pm
Hello I have a question on how to get a web site close to the front page instead of somewhere in internet space this web site has been out there for a long time and at one time did well but after a few people working on it now it does nothing. I know nothing about web pages but it is now my problem to fix. So I went to my competitors web site to check it out his site is number one. I check view source to compare his is completely different and that is also where I found this web site. So is there anybody out there that can look at my site and give some advice or tell me where to go get help or compare the two and send me in the right direction?
Is there some software that would fix my problem?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 793 • Replies: 3
No top replies

contrex

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 02:11 pm
You get what you pay for. If your competitor has paid for web design pros to develop him a proper website, and you thought you'd cut costs by having a couple of college students on minimum wage or maybe relatives dick around with your website, that may well explain the difference.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 03:10 am
On-page optimization makes little difference. Links are the difference.

Think of on-page optimization like cleaning up a bum and giving him a suit. That won't win an election. Votes do.

Links are votes. Now unlike a democratic election not all votes are created equal. A link's anchor text gives a vote for the words in the anchor text and the more relevant a page is for those words (as determined by the search engine) the more powerful the vote, so you can win the election with fewer votes than others if they are of better quality.
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 02:57 am
heh,Considering that i dont know politics that just confused the HELL out of me.....
0 Replies