Music of the 60s

Booman

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 02:48 pm
There was so much to love in the 60's. I had to vote others, I don't know how you could have left out that funky Memphis sound. Otis Redding, Sam& Dave, Al Green, Booker T, and the MG's, etc.,etc.,
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 03:53 pm
Yes, my daughter picked up some wiring skills. She first learned to wire big boom speakers in her car and then in her friends' cars. She no longer has a car and the big boom speaker from her car is now behind the couch. I remember asking her if there was anything she wanted me to get for her at the grocery store, thinking she would answer 'ice cream' or 'chips' or 'Mountain Dew'.... she answered 'black electrician's tape'!!! Come on over if you want some new speakers in your car (or a black light under the dash)!!!

Very Happy
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 06:07 am
"The High and the Mighty"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 07:32 am
Yes, my poll was hasty and flawed; I defend not it, but myself. When I was a kid, I was aware that some people classed rock 'n' roll as rockabilly, do-wop, rythm and blues, etc., but, for the most part the djs called it rock 'n' roll, thus blurring the distinctions. I have always listened to music haphazardly, never caring if what I listened to was rock, calypso, British invasion, soul, Motown, pop, or what. I guess that's why I should have run this thread minus the poll, or else asked someone more astute to conduct it instead. Fortunately, the reply boxes allow all to have a say and put their individual take on it. I sincerely hope every aspect will have been covered by the time we get to the end.
edgar
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 12:33 pm
You're doin' great Edgar,... Don't beat yourself up about it...... Leave that to us. :wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 01:33 pm
I know, I'm going to the 70's now, but the origin in the sixties:

"An unreleased musical collaboration between John Lennon and Mick Jagger has been discovered more than a quarter of a century after it was recorded."
Lennon/Jagger recording found
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 02:42 pm
Hi edgar -- I agree with Booman (fellow Dove Avatar member!) that you needn't worry about it. This is a great thread, where music lovers can gather and get to know each other.

Hi Walter -- how exciting, to hear an old Lennon/Jaggar record. I hope it eventually will be released to the public. The article says it's a "cover version" of the blues song "Too Many". I tried a Google search, but didn't find an old blues song called "Too Many"...

Very Happy
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 02:48 pm
I heard about it some hours ago in the car (in an oldie show).
There, they said, it was done during John's estrangement with Yoko.
They didn't think, it will ever be published - due to copyright reasons (money, money ....).
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 02:58 pm
Hi Walter -- Wow, that's kinda sad, that the song will never be heard by everyone. Yes, it's all about money.... The auction will probably bring a higher price that way.....

Very Happy
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 03:07 pm
Peace and Love

The song is, btw, called "Too Many Cooks".
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 03:13 pm
Hi Walter -- Thanks! I found it through a Google search. The first listing was Harry Nilsson. I'll be away from the computer for a few hours, but will search for a download later....

Very Happy
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 03:21 pm
There are some midis, but with owfull lots of pop ups. Evil or Very Mad

Would be nice, if you found a download .Very Happy (I know, I had had that song on some old folk/blues [venyl] records Crying or Very sad .)
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 01:30 am
Every since this thread started, I've been tempted to start a related thread. Idea By jove, I'll do it! Stay tuned for "The Golden Age Of Pop Music" Cool
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 03:17 pm
Boo's new thread is at:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3175

timber
0 Replies