What about the people before the bible?

contrex

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 04:30 am
dadpad wrote:
well........ Eve must have been a horny stay at home houswife and did it with her sons.

But that was before the bible so its OK.

Sounds like Kansas.
0 Replies

lex884

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 04:47 am
Why hell? I thought the logical one is heaven. Illustration:

At August 15 2089 guns are made illegal by the government. So all the people carried guns AFTER August 15 are going to jail. They won't go and track down those who carried a gun before August 15 right? because before August 15, guns are legal (with license that is)

So ur statement seems kinda implying that the judgement of heaven and hell starts when bible is invented (althought I dunno if it really is the case), so before that, all people don't go to "jail" (hell) right?

And how is it a hole in the concept? I mean in our guns illustration, would it be unfair to start the guns law at August 15? no! , probably they make it after global craziness of people shooting at each other happened shortly before that, August 12 or whatever.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 07:07 am
McTag wrote:
dadpad wrote:
There were no people before the bible!

Adam and eve were the fore fathers of manking.

So we had fore Chinese fathers, one of whom was a woman.

What else have we learned today?

Shocked

See, now, this is just silly. He said seven, not four.

Contrex, your joke fails due to geographical ignorance. No one in the United States associates Kansas with rampant incest. Next time the opportunity arises, refer to West Virgina or Kentucky.

Kentucy--five million people, 15 family names!

How did the West Virginia woman know her daughter was having her period? Because her son's dick tasted funny.

Your sneer will be more effective referring to one of those two states.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 08:49 am
Setanta wrote:
Contrex, your joke fails due to geographical ignorance. No one in the United States associates Kansas with rampant incest. Next time the opportunity arises, refer to West Virgina or Kentucky.

I knew it started with a K!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 10:22 am
contrex wrote:
Setanta wrote:
Contrex, your joke fails due to geographical ignorance. No one in the United States associates Kansas with rampant incest. Next time the opportunity arises, refer to West Virgina....

I knew it started with a K!
sorry contrex couldnt resist.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:55 pm
Getting back to the original topic, the Sumerians had Taimat and Abzu looking after them from around 4000 BC. Hindus have had their gods looking out for them since 1500 BC, longer than the God of the Jewish religion, (1400 BC) which is responsible for the Old Testament part of the Christian bible. Buddha has been rooting for his people since approximately 500 BC.

So you see Christianity (100 AD approx) and Islam (600 AD) are, in fact, the new guys on the block, so the answer is that people were doing fine way before Jebus and the bible came along.
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 07:13 pm
Lots of smart asses on this one. Well the idea that one theory can conflict with another no longer amuses me.

In 'The Divine Comedy' Dante gives a special, more pleasant circle of Hell to pre-Chistian non-Biblical people of enlightenment. That kindof makes sense from both ends. I mean the Greeks expected more or less to go to hell minus the torture and punishment and if God doesn't care about you then the best you can hope for is just to be left alone right? And if you're not enlightened what is there in you to live on after death?

It's all fallacy of presupposition to me, but let's not degrade ourselves by jumping over top of one another to goof on it.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 07:23 pm
hanno wrote:
let's not degrade ourselves by jumping over top of one another to goof on it.
because?
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 07:52 pm
Because it's petty and cruel to do so.

Sure they give us a lot of batshit crazy stuff to laugh at - but there's a lot of them.

Not only that - there's a lot of them - there must be some functional aspect to monotheism.

We should neither eschew nor underestimate it.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 08:05 pm
hanno wrote:

Sure they give us a lot of batshit crazy stuff to laugh at - but there's a lot of them.

Not only that - there's a lot of them - there must be some functional aspect to monotheism.

I beg to differ.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 08:09 pm
I definitely intend to eschew the childish, petty, cruel, vindictive, racist cartoon god of the Bobble, and his goody-two-shoes "son." As for underestimating those clowns who subscribe to the nonsense, and would impose it on others--i don't underestimate the danger of the idiocy at all. One need only think of the millions killed because they wouldn't play along, or merely questioned the doctrine, or merely criticized the behavior and motives of church leaders.

Eschew them i certainly will. Underestimate them, no more than i would a timber rattler.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 08:11 pm
hanno I assume you realize Dante never, not even once, ate pasta with tomato sauce.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 03:22 am
hanno wrote:
Lots of smart asses on this one.

Define "smart ass".
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 05:02 am
hanno wrote:

Goddammit,it's.my.god.givem.right.toto.eschew.amd.umderestimate.amy.goddam.
thimg,I.goddam.well.please!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 05:12 am
Your keyboard is evidently being punished by God for previous blasphemies.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 05:15 am
McTag wrote:
Your keyboard is evidently being punished by God for previous blasphemies.

Circular argument!

(And see,thepuishment is lifted momentarily.....I think it mighte Mazda who is crosswithme)
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 05:52 am
RA is my god for today.

Except I can not bask in his glow because I was baaaaaad and Ra went away to punish me. Oh weep and wail much gnashing of teeth and such like behavior.

If I am good and bow down to him 5 times a day will he bestow his almighty contenance upon his lowly subject.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 09:44 am
BBB
Why there is no history of people before the Bible?

It took them so damn long to invent language, an alphabet, writing, something to write on, something to make the words, putting the words together in sentences, and on and on.

What dummies!

BBB
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 09:49 am
So, like, it was overcast in your part of Oz today, DP?
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 03:18 am
Ive always kinda wondered this and im sure i could just Find out via Reasearch on History but like....

What came first? The bible days? Or like,Dinosaurs and cavemen?

hmmmmm??
0 Replies