"Latino Machismo"

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 03:16 pm
A teacher accused of having sex with a teenage boy alleged that she was not in control--he was in control. See:

http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/1211/kelsey_peterson_ap.html

Today, I was watching the Star Jones show on television. She was conversing with the teacher's attorney. The attorney stated the boy was not 13 as alleged, but was much older. The defense also alleges that the boy is the father of a two-year-old child. The attorney used the terms "Latino" and "machismo" to describe the boy's sexual aggressiveness. Star Jones immediately cut him off and threw him off her show for racist comments referring to the boy's "Latino machismo."

Although the attorney's comments were inappropriate by subscribing negative character traits to the boy based on his race and culture, does he have a point? If the boy was the sexual aggressor and the woman was unable to thwart his control over her, does she belong in prison as a sexual predator?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,127 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 03:21 pm
Just.soumds.like.the.stamdard.defemce.....as.is.so.
oftem.used.dy.mem.im.this.situatiom....with.am.extra,masty,.twist.

Umless.she's.sayimg.he.used.physical.force,.it.soumds.like.stamdard.dullshi.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 07:02 am
What are you asking? If its less of a sex crime because the child is hispanic?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 07:05 am
dlowan, s'cuse me for asking but, what's up with the...way...yer...writing?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 02:20 pm
Snood--

Dlowan has keyboard troubles--but she boldly posts anyway.

If this woman was overwhelmed by the masculinity of one of her students, then she shouldn't have been hired as a teacher.

"I was putty in his hands," doesn't impress me as a valid excuse.
0 Replies