Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 12:09 pm
We shall see.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 12:48 pm
roverroad wrote:
I figured out long ago that the owner of this site is all talk and no show. lol

Five years of a successful internet forum, is, IMO, quite proof of show. You think that this site runs by itself????
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 04:22 pm
What he may be talking about is that I've been mentioning the new platform for a long time, and it hasn't come about. That's called "vaporware" in the software industry.

Of course, that doesn't equate to "all talk", as we've spent thousands of man-hours and tens of thousands of dollars on the site but the bottom line is that I was not able to deliver the next version by working in our free time and we are doing what we need to to fix that by quitting our jobs and dedicating full bandwidth to these projects.

That's why I'm not mentioning my desired launch date till I know we will make it, even though there's a very firm date in our heads as a goal.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 06:11 pm
Craven- I just get a bit pissed when people get huffy about what they erroneously think they are entitled to from other people.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 06:29 pm
Craven, best of luck in this courageous and creative endeavor. I am very confident that you'll succeed. You seem to be a born (and very bright) entrepreneur. Thanks for being such a force in our lives.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 06:35 pm
I appreciate this forum and all the work Craven has done and continues to do here. I'll be sticking around to see the changes.

Thank you, Craven.
0 Replies

Aimus

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 09:07 pm
Able2Know will be under new ownership next year
To Craven and Monger:
I want to wish both of you luck in starting a new company/chat room. I hope that everyone is still welcome. I'm a newbie and I love the fact that I'm speaking to someone in another part of the world. Both of you have so much to give to us and I hope you do create a chat room where everyone in any part of the world would be comfortable chatting in. Who know's, we may even change the world. If we can at least talk and are educated in the plight of each other, we could make the world a better place. I'm sure we would all help out if you need it. Just post what you need or are looking for and someone will always reply. I've enjoyed my chats with everyone on the forum and will tolerate the disruptions in service (at least until April'08 Very Happy ).
Best of luck, hopes and dreams,
Aimus!
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 05:51 pm
Hey, thanks to everyone who said hi or wished me well in this thread (Roberta, Onyxelle, Ossobuco, ehBeth, Montana, Aimus, and everyone else). I really appreciate that. I just thought I should point out though that so far it has been Craven and Nick working on the new site, not me. I'm somewhat involved in the new company, and I would love to work on Able2Know and related projects full-time at some point in the future, but I haven't been a contributor so far due to work and personal commitments.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 05:58 pm
I don't care why you're here, or what you're doing, I'm just glad to see you!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 05:59 pm
Same...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 07:42 pm
ehBeth wrote:

Any Monger day is a good day.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 10:40 pm
dlowan wrote:
ehBeth wrote:

Ditto. And, kiddo, I still owe you a Noo Yawk hotdog. When are you gonna be in this neck of the woods?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 11:09 pm
Roberta wrote:
dlowan wrote:
ehBeth wrote:

Ditto. And, kiddo, I still owe you a Noo Yawk hotdog. When are you gonna be in this neck of the woods?

Me or Mongeroose?

I believe the Mong is considerably closer to your neck than I am.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 11:22 pm
dlowan wrote:
Roberta wrote:
dlowan wrote:
ehBeth wrote:

Me or Mongeroose?

Monger. He helped me with something (no surprise there). Then he asked me whether Noo Yawk hotdogs are as good as they're reputed to be. I said that some are and offered to treat him to one of the best if he was ever in town.

But Bunny, if you want a hotdog, you can have one too.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 11:33 pm
Roberta wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Roberta wrote:
dlowan wrote:
ehBeth wrote:

Me or Mongeroose?

Monger. He helped me with something (no surprise there). Then he asked me whether Noo Yawk hotdogs are as good as they're reputed to be. I said that some are and offered to treat him to one of the best if he was ever in town.

But Bunny, if you want a hotdog, you can have one too.

I looked at one.

I wished to do no more. I don't DO hotdogs.

A photo of you and Monger having them would be nice, though!!!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 11:39 pm
(((((((((Monger)))))))))))
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 12:22 am
Monger!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 11:31 am
Noo Yawk hot dawgs are fabulicious! especially if you tell the vendor that you want to have a real Noo Yawk hot dawg experience and can he do it up for you special. Yum!
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 11:59 am
Monger wrote:
Hey, thanks to everyone who said hi or wished me well in this thread (Roberta, Onyxelle, Ossobuco, ehBeth, Montana, Aimus, and everyone else). I really appreciate that. I just thought I should point out though that so far it has been Craven and Nick working on the new site, not me. I'm somewhat involved in the new company, and I would love to work on Able2Know and related projects full-time at some point in the future, but I haven't been a contributor so far due to work and personal commitments.

Well then in that case, post a naked picture of yourself, and then we'll have something to thank you for!
0 Replies