Rhythmic Gymnastics

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 09:57 pm
Hey, hope your day is going well!

I have a question for anyone who feels that want to answer.

I have been watching a bit of 'Rhythmic Gymnastics' on YouTube...I just find it amazing...it's very cool.

I don't have children, but when I get to that stage, I'd love a daughter of mine to take part in this really cool sport.

My question though is, is it true or just a myth that while all this crazy flexibility at a young age is nice, at old age they will be in pain and not able to move at all?

If it is true, I'd prefer not to have any part in it, but if it's not true, it would be great to know.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,999 • Replies: 3
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 11:16 pm
I'm no expert, but Nadia Comenechi, the famous Romanian gymnast, has no health problems from her gymnastics days though her former gymnast husband is wracked with arthritis.
0 Replies

Crazynutt

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 09:33 pm
Thanks for you quick reply.

Could it be that different people react to it in different ways?

Maybe you just enjoy it while you do, and if you find it painful afterwards...bad luck, if not...GREAT!

Has anyone else got any other thoughts?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 12:12 pm
I'm not familiar with rhythmic gymnastics, but I know both gymnasts and dancers are prone to on-the-job injury--and the effects of those injuries can add up.
0 Replies