editing of passage

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 09:53 pm
Hi

Could someone please edit this passage for me? It is meant for Grade 3 students. Thank you very much.

My father once told me about a tiger which killed its master.

The tiger trainer was Jackson. He was a patient man but he was strict when it comes to training of his tigers. He named one of the tigers Obedient because it was obedient.

One evening, Obedient was reluctant to perform one of the acts after it had performed all the others. He did not jump through the burning hoops. Jackson repeatedly cracked his whip but still Temper refused to do what he was instructed to. This angered Jackson, who was at a loss why the other tigers did as they were instructed to do, but not Temper.

That evening when the performance was over, Jackson gave Obedience less food than it was always given. After finishing his meal, Obedience roared. Jackson believed it was telling him that it was still hungry, but he did not give it any more food. This was because Jackson was punishing it for having refused to perform the last act. The next morning, Jackson gave Obedience a little less food than it was given.

The following afternoon, Obedience was among the lions the Jackson picked to perform. Obediencer did all the tricks, but when it had to jump through the burning hoops, it again refused to do so. This angered Jackson, who cracked his whip at it several times. When it still refused to budge, Jackson landed the whip on its body. Obedience immediately roared loudly and pounced on its master, and killed him. The audience panicked. Many of the children were crying out of fear and most of the spectators were shocked. The performance ended after this tragedy.

When the lion had calmed down, it was led to its cage. It was later put to sleep.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 543 • Replies: 3
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 09:55 pm
I would help, but I am too drunk at the present time.
0 Replies

SULLYFISH66

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 12:32 pm
My father once told me about a tiger that killed its master.

The tiger trainer was named Jackson. He was a patient man but he was strict when it came to the training of his tigers. He named one of the tigers Obedient because it always did what it was told.

One evening, after performing many tricks, Obedient became reluctant to perform. He would not jump through burning hoops. Jackson repeatedly cracked his whip, but still Obedient refused to perform. This angered Jackson, who was at a loss as to why the other tigers did as they were instructed, but not Obedient.

When the performance was over, Jackson decided to punish Obedient. He gave Obedient less food than normal. After finishing his small meal, Obedient roared. Jackson believed the lion was telling him that it was still hungry, but he did not give it any more food. In the morning, Jackson again gave Obedient less food than normal.

The following afternoon, Obedient was among the lions Jackson picked to perform. Obedient did all the tricks, but when it had to jump through the burning hoops, it again refused to do so. This angered Jackson, who cracked his whip several times. When Obedient still refused to budge, Jackson landed the whip on its body. Obedient roared loudly and pounced on its master, killing him instantly. The audience was horrified. Many of the children cried out in fear and the spectators left the performance in shock.

When the lion had calmed down, it was led to its cage. It was later put to sleep.
0 Replies

Yoong Liat

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 06:06 am
Many thanks, Shullyfish.
0 Replies