A Second Digression: A State of Confusion.

Piffka

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 11:36 am
Isn't that why we visit this Digressionary site?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 11:37 am
Well, many of us come here simply for diversion, to fill idle hours . . . but, then, i digress . . .
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 11:43 am
If, in the act of falling, a cat twisted while at the same time his tail became attached to his head, would the resulting circular (with a little twist) cat be called a moibus cat? I think Piffka might have hit on a perpetual source of energy!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 11:46 am
If, in the act of falling, a cat twisted while at the same time his tail became attached to his head, would the resulting circular (with a little twist) cat be called a moibus cat? I think Piffka might have hit on a perpetual source of energy!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 12:14 pm
So good she said it twice! Hi D!

But it was Danny, says Craven, who came up with the marvel. I just visualized it in a mobius motion. Dizzyifying...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 12:23 pm
Since an object in earth orbit is perpetually falling over the horizon, would an immortal cat-in-space -- or catellite, if you will -- be a perpetual motion machine?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 12:41 pm
Everybody's doin' a brand new dance, now . . .
Come on baby, do the catamotion . . .
[/b]
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 12:41 pm
OI... there - yes YOU, PATIODOGWhaddya doing with my cute Christmas avatar - force feeding him almonds, or akmonds, or even ammonds. Have you checked his allergies??? Well!!!!

I don't give a damn about your ethical committee approval - them ghouls'd approve anything - I DON'T APPROVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here I as, just sittin' about - and now my avatar is part of some ghastly cruel scientific experiment, at the whim of a DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GEDOUDOVIT!!!!!!!!! RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
[/size]
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 01:09 pm
¿hey, marg, can you turn that ! upside ¡?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 01:18 pm
!¿ï¡#@*&%
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 01:24 pm
oh, the mouth on that kitty . . .
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 03:19 pm
Speaking of almonds and ammonds (as someone, surely, was), has it ever to occurred to any of you that there is no such legitimate word as popcorn (even though we use it [the word, I mean; well, we sue the corn, too, of course, but...])? Before it is popped, it is, accurately, popping corn. Once the bejazus has been heated out of it and it is ready to eat, it is popped corn. Now, unless you're going to abbreviate it as pop'corn (note the very necessary apostrophe), you're misusing the English language.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 03:21 pm
Well, as a lifelong, convinced and practicing Irishman, i certainly hope so . . .
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 04:01 pm
Then I have never eaten popcorn, if there be no such thing! That old man sure does give out the straight story (not the straight shite, though, for he'd never've said such a thing; disdained such pottyisms, he did).

I've consumed popped corn, though, or pop'corn -- and plain old corn, too. Just be careful no to further contract, or you'll end with p'orn, and surely make a statement you'll prefer to retract, such as "At the movies I am frequently distracted by all the p'orn on the floor," or, "Little kids are so messy when you give them p'orn."

I do wonder, refractively (for I am both too dull and too transparent to reflect), if Po'orn might be mistaken as a nickname (a nominative contraction, maybe) of Anapoorna. If she still worked here, I'd go and ask her.

And back to work...
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 05:07 pm
There are probably no calories then, in popcorn?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 05:15 pm
Experiment on me will you margo?

Lookie here:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/cravendekere/av_cat.JPG

Look how scared. Tee hee
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 05:19 pm
Yikes!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 05:40 pm
Ditto yikes!
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 08:30 pm
Having read nearly none of the above, all I can do is offer a digression.

It's a ball of confusion
That's what the world is today.
hey hey!
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 08:48 pm
I just escaped a abuzz digression thread where some crazy Aussie was calling for my head.

Oh, hi there dlowan Smile
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 07:28:04