Does intention matter in deciding who's what?

Intrepid

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 10:07 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
Is it the sensible christian community's collective responsibility to deal with all the crazy fundamentalists? Those people who stand on the street with posters reading "thank god for aids" and "god hates fags", for instance.

We just try to ignore those folks. Kinda hard to deal with crazies and still act in a Christian way.

Personally, I don't consider those who do that type of thing Christians at all.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 02:42 am
Hmm... Those people consider themselves christians, and good christians for doing what they do. And they feel empowered, inspired and guided by the bible when they do it.

I just think it's gross. When you can find it in you to stand on the street with a poster reading "thank god for aids", that means you're glad someone is dying from it.

Btw, are there any gay priests or other christian officials in the us? Here in norway we have what is probaby best translated as "church of state". That means that christianity is government funded, and all priests are government employees. A few years back there was a great deal of fuzz when a homosexual priest was removed from his station when it became know he was gay.

Paradoxically, you find prejudice and intolerance is most abundant among the religious societies, in which you would think there would be the least of it.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 07:24 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
Hmm... Those people consider themselves christians, and good christians for doing what they do. And they feel empowered, inspired and guided by the bible when they do it.

I just think it's gross. When you can find it in you to stand on the street with a poster reading "thank god for aids", that means you're glad someone is dying from it.

Btw, are there any gay priests or other christian officials in the us? Here in norway we have what is probaby best translated as "church of state". That means that christianity is government funded, and all priests are government employees. A few years back there was a great deal of fuzz when a homosexual priest was removed from his station when it became know he was gay.

Paradoxically, you find prejudice and intolerance is most abundant among the religious societies, in which you would think there would be the least of it.

Separation of Church and State prevents priests from becoming government employees in the U.S I think.

Most seem to think the separation was designed to protect the state from church alone. A review of American and previous British history suggests otherwise.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 07:27 pm
Quote:
Separation of Church and State prevents priests from becoming government employees in the U.S I think.

?
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 07:32 pm
google it.
0 Replies