Mulholland Drive - what a waste of my precious time!

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 07:22 pm
It seemed as though the writer started out with a beer and ended with LSD.

Don't let the positvie reviews given out like candy from the masses confuse you. This movie is gigantic pile. You will notice that the whole point is not to entertain, amuse, evoke emotion, but to confuse. That was Lynchs one and only motive throughout the entire movie. Ive read the theories and the endless pages of people trying to one up the next guy with their high intellect by saying "Hey I am smart I know what the movie is about" If you have thought this, then you are wrong. The movie is about nothing, the only point is that there is no point. ! PLEASE READ THIS BELOW Before renting ANY lynch movies. It is a review by idiots and it sums up everything. "Every time I hear anyone talking about a David Lynch movie, they always say "it was a pretty good movie, but I didn't understand it." Repeat that last sentence out loud to let it sink in. They liked the movie, but they didn't understand any of it. So essentially what they're saying is that they just like to see the moving pictures. I can just imagine those drooling idiots watching Mulholland Drive: "wow.. this is a great movie... I wonder if I can find any crayons to chew on." Then after the movie is over, they flock to some coffee shop to get a $10 cup of tea so they can have a satisfying intellectual conversation about the movie that they didn't understand. If it's not the coffee shop, then it's at school or at work. They stand around with their dumb friends trying to decipher the movie like there's some deep meaning or hidden message to it. News flash: there's no deep meaning or hidden message BECAUSE DAVID LYNCH IS INSANE."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 697 • Replies: 3
No top replies

princesspupule

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 06:08 am
Obviously you aren't a fan of surrealism. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 06:36 am
I didn't see it- doesn't sound like my cup of tea either- the last David Lynch movie I saw was Blue Velvet and I thought it was interesting - but I like stories (and stories that I can understand) so I've never really been tempted by any of his subsequent offerings (although I do always like the music he chooses- so I do buy the soundtracks sometimes).

But I did get a laugh out of your review...so I'm glad you watched it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 11:56 pm
Although it's not necessary to scream at us that David Lynch is insane (BTW, "The Elephant Man" is still his finest film), I did enjoy the egghead (I bet you haven't seen that terminology in a long time) diatribe but, unfortunately, found no humor in it. "Blue Velvet" is not that hard to understand but maybe if one didn't connect with the theme of the film, it could guide one into a netherworld more surreal than what was depicted. The film in question is difficult to watch and understand, but it's surrealism in its traditional form.
0 Replies