Scanner problem

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 02:24 pm
When I switched from Windows Me to XP Home my computer lost contact with my Epson Perfection 2450 Photo scanner. I finally upgraded the driver, but now the problem has come up again, and I can't figure out which driver version I need. It depends on what software version I have, and Newsoft's link for this information just keeps returning me to their home page.

Any suggestions how to find out my software version?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 775 • Replies: 11
No top replies

safecracker

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 02:31 pm
do you have the disk that came with it?
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 02:40 pm
Scanner problem
I forgot to say that the software is Newsoft's Smart Panel.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 02:56 pm
Scanner problem
Yes, I have the disk, and I've uninstalled and attempted to reinstall. But the screen just gives me the message that the software has been installed and I should proceed to follow instructions, and that's all.

This is exactly what happened a few months ago when I switched to XP.

Are you thinking that maybe the disk will tell me exactly what version of Smart Panel is on it? Maybe I should have looked at the screen more carefully, but I don't think it said.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 02:59 pm
Scanner problem
No, nothing shows up on the disk, nor on the screen, but the disk doesn't specify XP on its label. The new driver I downloaded earlier should have dealt with that, though.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 03:00 pm
Scanner problem
What would happen if I simply downloaded the latest driver, regardless of my own version?
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 03:55 pm
try it shouldnt do anything bad if it does u can always roll back.
0 Replies

MurrayS

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 05:08 pm
Version
Tom:

Start the program and then go to Help>About and it will give you the version number..

Murray
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 05:42 pm
Scanner problem
Thanks Murray, but, unfortunately, I can't start the program. Although I uninstalled it, the CD won't reinstall it, so I can't get that information. Sad
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 06:01 pm
Scanner problem
ANNNND...I can't even download any patch or driver because the Newsoft pages aren't accessible! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 05:52 pm
Scanner problem
I solved the problem, though it took a lot of trudging through old records, and a bit of non-cooperation from MS which kept coming at me with a message that there was an error while I was downloading.

I tried contacting Epson, but their tech support has gotten lousy, no email connection at all any more. Rolling Eyes

So thankyou to everybody who responded. Very Happy
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 09:43 pm
This may be of help to somebody else: When I moved my HP scanner to a Compaq Presario it correctly installed, but it would never work, no matter what I did to it. Then I learned that all I had to do was turn off the computer for a few minutes and before restarting disconnect the connections to the scanner for ten or twenty seconds. The scanner then reset itself and when I restarted it was fine.
0 Replies