Elder scolls 4 oblivion

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 09:11 am
I read online that it is possible to get the Emperor's robe, but nowhere could I find it in the game, nor any info on where to find it online.

Has anyone found it? It's supposed to have some great stats.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,274 • Replies: 8
No top replies

littlek

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 04:47 pm
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh (sniff).. excuse me, I can't play Oblivion on my computer and I'm still bitter. Good luck with the Emporer's Robe.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 04:50 pm
I play it on the xbox360, but the game is identical. but you should get your computer fixed or updated or whatever you need to do. It's worth it. Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 05:11 pm
Oh I know it's worth it. In a year or two I'll get a newer laptop and the game will be cheaper...... I can wait. I'm good at waiting.
0 Replies

justcallmeblue

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 06:28 am
Re: Elder scolls 4 oblivion
Cyracuz wrote:
I read online that it is possible to get the Emperor's robe, but nowhere could I find it in the game, nor any info on where to find it online.

Has anyone found it? It's supposed to have some great stats.

Yeah, there's been that rumor going around...maybe it's a cheat/ hack or something?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 10:12 am
there's this website that allows you to search for items available in the game...
http://www.gamebanshee.com/oblivion/searchequipment.php

if you leave all the spaces on default, so that they read "all", and below, where you can check the boxes you click on "reflect spell" and "relfect damage", you will get a list of all the items in the game that have these enchantments.

On that list is the emperor's robe, and it has some cool stats. reflect damage and spell 50pts and fortify health 50pts.
Under availability it says "core game" which means that it is in the game itself, not any of the expansions available. but nowhere have I found any information on where this item can be found...
0 Replies

Ashers

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 06:54 pm
I finally played this over the summer. After Morrowind, it was pretty much everything I'd hoped for and more. Plus, even on my average computer(by cutting edge standards), the graphics were just sumptuous. One of the few things that bugged me a bit though was the bartering system in comparison to Morrowind, I got continually ripped off, left, right and centre even after bribes and increasing my mercantile skills. As far as I know, unlike Morrowind, there's no one to go to for getting the full "value" of an item and the most any merchant seemed to have to barter with was 2000. I guess it was for game balance purposes but there you go.

The other thing was the way in which items and armour were loaded into the game based on your current level, so glass armour only appears post level 20 etc. In Morrowind I stole a set of Glass armour very early on from Ghost gate. Again for game balance it seems.

As far as I know with the emperor's robe, the only way to get it is to use a cheat to add it into the game. I remembering reading about it a little and if you kill the emperor (! Laughing ) it does not appear with him to steal. I guess the detailed information regarding it like it's stats and spells effects are a product of the dynamic world they created with Oblivion. The emperor, along with a whole host of other NPC's were not just hard wired machines that reacted to scripted events with precision but they were more like the player with given stats to allow them to interact with the environment around them unpredictably much like the player.

Did anyone take part in the Tournament of the Ten Bloods to get the Goldbrand sword that dealt approx 20+ fire damage, plus all the extra loot you can take back with you (if you can carry it!), definetely a highlight of the game for me. Great fun.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 08:41 pm
Yes, the game is supposed to level more or less as your character levels. But that only applies at the start. By level 25 (approx) I had maxed out my major skills, and all my attributes were at 100. So there was nothing I could encounter in the game that was a challenge. And now, when I have items that give me 101 pts reflect damage and 81 pts resist magic, I don't even need to hold the controller to win a battle. I wish they'd put in some insane creatures, some that really required some effort to beat...
0 Replies

Ashers

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 06:36 pm
(I can't find the spoiler tags so I did the writing in yellow just in case)

My character was more stealthy, I had 100+ for things like sneak and speed but kinda stopped playing after I got round to completing the main quest. There should be dragons or basilisks etc or other really big, mythological creatures to battle, like those in the finale of the game. That'd be amazing. Seems like they could have gone for something like that as well, in Baldur's gate 2 the toughest monsters seemed to be the dragons, best items dropped as well very often, like dragon armour, who doesn't want to wear dragon armour!
0 Replies