Venus in Venice: The Goddess of Love's Dinner Party

sumac

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 06:02 am
Unable to reach the Goddess of Love, the operator terminates the call.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 06:17 pm
ossobuco -
I will on 14 September be in Venice. This is real, not pretend. would you care to join me??
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 06:29 pm
Yes I would care to, but can't, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!

Where are you staying, what are you doing, where are you eating (or do you know) tell us, tell us, tell us!!!

I think food is sometimes problematic there, can ask a discerning friend for good restaurant recommendations. Maybe other people on the topic have faves. I can't remember if you have been there before. I was only there two days, if that, and ruined chances of a big dinner with a spinach ricotta torta from a bakery....

Note, this is the conversation signorina Osso and signore Boccaccio are having with the gentleman across the table, Signore Danone.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 10:03 pm
osso,
We have been there before and are showing Venice to our friend who is visiting for the first time. We stay at our favorite place, the Parco Verde de Venezia which is a ten minute bus ride from Venice and is owned by the most beautiful people in the world, the Fabris family. Thanks for the offer of help with the local cuisine, but, we have no problem with it.
May I offer to you a local wine? Red, of course. And of the best vintage.
Chio,
Arrivederci la mio amica!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 10:25 pm
So, Danon, I will listen to you and add the Parco to my possible alberghi list. If you feel like it, would you start a thread on Munich and Venice on the travel forum when you get back??
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 05:45 pm
Ah, ossobuco, you will not be disappointed at Parco Verde de Venezia. The family is so grand. Father was keeping us company in the lounge and offering his services to drive us to Marco Polo airport at three o'clock in the morning! What an hour to volunteer for anything less than the Goddess herself!! That aside, there is Chiara, so beautiful and such a lovely creature for his daughter. She is the reason for living, the sole prospect for life - a wonder midst wonders - and she is a very nice tavern keeper.

((Hey, am I getting into the ITALIAN way or what?))

Really, the stay at Parco Verde is enjoyable, comfortable and one from which you will want to return to. It's located five minutes from Marco Polo airport and ten minutes from Venice by bus (which is the only way to go to Venice) along S14 (the major drive between Mestre and the airport)
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 06:47 pm
Danon............I so wish I could go with you and Mrs. Danon too.............

Meanwhile, Lola is slurping down the scones....these things, little scones are Lola's favorite and Cav has outdone himself, if that's possible.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 09:28 pm
Lola, you are the Goddess I am thinking of when I am thinking of Venice. Oh, my heart skips, my mind soars to heights unthought of. OK, that's stretching it a bit. It would be so grand to show you to Venice. All there would so appreciate your visit. I guarantee it.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 10:28 pm
maybe someday, Danon..........for now, I think I'll settle for Eva's place here and Cav's scones

But your compliments are oh so more than welcome
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 10:35 pm
Well, gee, wouldn't it be nice to have an a2k meet at the Parco Verde de Venezia one day? Personally I cannot find the lire right now, excuse me, euros...but I like to have lots of wishes piling up.
0 Replies

EileenM

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 11:01 pm
And at that, EileenM helps herself to more wine...
Look out!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 09:12 pm
(Eva quietly slips back into her seat, just in time for dessert...)

Yes, I'm back now! I wouldn't have missed this for the world! (dipping finger in creme brulee sauce and tasting it...) Oh, Cav! You have outdone yourself!!!

So good to see we have a few more guests at our table. EileenM, danon, WELCOME! I hope you're enjoying yourselves. Sorry I had to leave for a little while. Jupiter paged us for a quick staff meeting...something about retribution for American interference in Middle East politics or some such dull business...but I ducked out as soon as I could. He and Mars were ranting on and on...once they get going, it can last for hours...and it had absolutely NOTHING to do with Love or Beauty, you know...

More wine, everyone! Tell us, Cav, what is this delicious dessert wine we're enjoying?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 09:13 pm
welcome back Eva
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 09:16 pm
That would be the 1998 Marynissen Estates VQA Icewine. A perfect vintage.
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 09:23 pm
Glad to see you're back, Goddess -- and yes, the creme brulee is divine!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 10:59 pm
Giulietta Ossobuco licks her lips slowly, she sooooooooo loves Creme Brulee. She snuggles back in her velvet cushioned chair, even as she scootches the chair closer to the table so she doesn't have to carry the ornate spoon very far.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 09:01 am
Love your quote, Giulietta! How very fitting.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 09:10 am
Cav rolls his eyes at the misunderstood dessert...I am not serving creme brulee...it is poached peaches on scones with creme brulee sauce (ahh the pain of being creative...)...the luscious peaches are placed on scones, and napped with a vanilla creme brulee mixture that is cooked like a creme anglaise, to make a rich custard. This is napped over the peach. Deep mahogany sheets of caramelized sugar are broken into shards and used to garnish the dessert. Warm peach preserves are spooned over the creme-napped peaches. Black and white photos above somewhere. And now, some champagne for the kitchen...and some Ripple for Gustav and Imelda.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 09:32 am
Well, of course it's creme brulee SAUCE. Don't pout. The dessert was heavenly! (Some of the guests sneaked into the kitchen and helped themselves to more of that sauce, that's all. Just can't get enough of it.)

By all means...have some champagne! You deserve it! And please, let the servants clean up the kitchen. Come and join us at the table, won't you? We're just finishing our wine and figuring out who...I mean WHAT...to do next. (blush)
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 12:13 pm
Embarrassed Sorry Cav...it must be the intake of wine that caused my confusion...as I close one eye, I can see that there's so much more to this lovely dessert.

Liberty asks the servant for a double espresso.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 09:38:50