Venus in Venice: The Goddess of Love's Dinner Party

Eva

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 07:40 pm
Is Cav still pouting in the kitchen?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 07:49 pm
Heck no, I'm attempting to pour champagne for myself, Vincenzo and Roberto, while manipulating a bottle of Ripple for Gustav and Emelda on a fishing pole into their cage....a tough juggling act...I shall join the table shortly...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 08:07 pm
Giulietta Osso didna misundertand the dessert, she had just dipped into the sauce.
Ahem.
As usual.
Anyway, she also finds peaches to be divine planets, bursting with succulence, especially paired with the crystallized sugar and warm preserves, lambent in place on the perfect foccacina....

Giulietta asks for a pillow for her feet, and for a small sacco for her Pacco, forse per un piccolo pezzo dello zucchero e un
crumb di scone (foccacina).
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 09:17 pm
Phew! Quite the task...cav wipes the sweat from his brow and prepares to greet the guests...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 11:08 pm
Oh, the Cavaliere doesn't have to bring Osso a sack, she is sure someone else can find one..... she knows he has political manuvering to do, after all, that is the art of Venice....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 07:58 am
Well...(blushing)...ONE of them, anyway!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 10:44 am
Raffaelo, the fellow at the door, found a little gold lame' baggie for Pacco's scone crumb and sugar bit. How delicate, and it is washable!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 11:40 am
(turning to servant)
Would you please put Osso's doggie bag in the refrigerator for now? Thank you so much.

And now, while we're all enjoying our after-dinner espresso, the chamber quartet is taking requests. We've had enough Mozart and Vivaldi...what would you like to hear next?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 11:59 am
Gustav wants some Wagner, but chef votes for Debussy.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 10:32 pm
Debussy is great! Chopin is even better! The quartet is wonderful...the last number by Gershwin was lovely...Rhapsody in Blue, I believe it was.

Mmmm, classical music is soothing and stimulating at the same time, isn't it. But now that we've all had a chance to let the food settle, it's time to boogie! The band is about ready to start playing out by the pool. Follow me...I've invited a few guests to appear with the band tonight. A few of your favorites, I hope.

(A familiar figure swaggers in the door, tossing a white silk scarf over his shoulder on the way to the stage...)

Mick! So glad you came!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 10:36 pm
Mick says: "Ello love, where's me money?"
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 10:43 pm
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 10:47 pm
can we throw Mick back and find Leonard? He's my man.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 10:56 pm
Good idea, Lola. Leonard would sing for food & wine. And this little gathering might even make him believe in love again.

(kiss kiss)...Lovely to see you again, Mick!...(pushing him into gondola)...so sorry you can't stay! (hee hee)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 08:49 pm
{whistling, asaunter}

{griiin}

Hiya everyone. Damn, I missed dessert! Well, I missed the scones and peaches with the creme brulee sauce anyway {wink wink}.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 09:05 pm
There's some left in the kitchen if you're hungry, littlek. But, oh! Perhaps that's not what you're hungry FOR!

Plenty of that around here, too. Funny, but the guests keep slipping in and out of the room...wonder where they go?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 09:09 pm
Well, Eva, it IS a castle, or whatever - lots of rooms to explore. And the canals beyond the front door. And lets not forget the garden. Actually, I may head out for some fresh and cool late summer air. The roses are still in bloom.... I think I'll take my wine with me. Anyone want to join me?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 09:34 pm
Giovanni Boccaccio and I will join you, Caterina. The garden is lovely, as we walk under the pergola of grape vines to the Rose garden...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 07:11 am
Ahhh, the grapes are beautiful right now, ready for picking? See how they hold the moonlight?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 07:16 am
Mr. Cohen is about to start singing. He ignores Gustav's request to perform his songs from the Natural Born Killers soundtrack, and instead launches into a sweet rendition of Suzanne......
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 07:21:24