Venus in Venice: The Goddess of Love's Dinner Party

Eva

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 09:11 pm
"Ah!" Eva thinks. "They're dancing! And the band hasn't even arrived yet!"
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 11:12 pm
(Stray Cat reaches around the corner and turns on the cd player. She anticipates walking into the room just as the first notes of the haunting Roy Orbison song begin....
"Every time I hold you, I begin to understand...."

....but the cd player skips to Kenny Roger's "The Gamber." Just as Stray enters in a flowing grecian gown, the words
"know when to walk away......and know when to run..."
are blasting from the player...)

Dammit! This thing never plays the damn song I want it to play when I want it to play it!!!

(Stray lunges towards the cd player and pounds on it, finally manages to turn it off...she turns back towards the room and laughs a little...)

Ahaa..ha..ha..haa.....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 06:21 am
Eva notices Stray Cat struggling with the CD player and calls Luciano.

"Would you please see if you could help Stray with that CD player? She looks terribly frazzled. A nice dip in the pool with her friends might soothe her after her long trip. And...would you ask Vincenzo to prepare some Bellinis for us? I'll be down in a few minutes. I just have to remember where I left my swimsuit."
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 06:39 am
Eva wrote:
Eva notices Stray Cat struggling with the CD player and calls Luciano.

"Would you please see if you could help Stray with that CD player? She looks terribly frazzled. A nice dip in the pool with her friends might soothe her after her long trip. And...would you ask Vincenzo to prepare some Bellinis for us? I'll be down in a few minutes. I just have to remember where I left my swimsuit."

Why do you need a swim suit?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 06:51 am
Eva laughs. "Because, dear Prince, it is so much fun taking it off! Now, would you please go see what is taking Vincenzo so long with those Bellinis?"

It is no mystery. Vincenzo has been preoccupied, watching the Prince from behind the French doors.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 07:09 am
Eva wrote:
Eva laughs. "Because, dear Prince, it is so much fun taking it off! Now, would you please go see what is taking Vincenzo so long with those Bellinis?"

It is no mystery. Vincenzo has been preoccupied, watching the Prince from behind the French doors.

So you want to put in on so that you can take it off again...

<shakes his head> Women, I will never understand them......
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 07:47 am
Prince
[quote="the prince shakes his head. Women, I will never understand them......[/quote]

Could it be that a penis doesn't control woman's brain?

Eva, have you heard when your guests will be arriving? I must tell you I like your bikini. But I think you must replace the blade in your razor. You've got a few nicks here and there.

BBB
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 08:05 am
Dont worry about the nicks, Eva, cara, it will be my pleasure licking it...
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 08:10 am
Francis wrote:
Dont worry about the nicks, Eva, cara, it will be my pleasure licking it...

Shocked this is too scandalous for my senstive eyes.....
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 08:16 am
the prince wrote:
Shocked this is too scandalous for my senstive eyes.....

Victorian feelings are outdated here, my Prince...

Wearing sunglasses yourself will do no harm...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 03:03 pm
the prince wrote:
Eva wrote:

So you want to put in on so that you can take it off again...

<shakes> Women, I will never understand them......

The Goddess dissolves in a fit of giggles! "No, no, my dear Prince! So that SOMEONE ELSE can take it off!" Eva is laughing so hard she has spilled her Bellini all over herself. She will have to change into another suit...this one is all sticky now.

Eyeing the gentlemen who have quickly come to her assistance, she waves them off, saying, "Not now...later. We'll save that for the party. Has anyone heard from BVT yet? I do so hope he can provide music for us tonight. If anyone sees him, please tell him the party starts at 10 p.m., 'k?"
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 09:01 pm
(stomps foot) "Where is that handsome bear, anyway?"

Eva picks up her cell phone and punches the familiar number....
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 01:52 am
Is that yr phone vibrating or are you just happy to see me?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 08:41 am
Eva
Eva wrote:

Alas, all Eva can hear is the Bear's answering machine message: The Bear singing in the shower. She is so repulsed by the assault on her ears that she hangs up without leaving a message.

BBB
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 08:57 am
Re: Eva
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Eva wrote:

Alas, all Eva can hear is the Bear's answering machine message: The Bear singing in the shower. She is so repulsed by the assault on her ears that she hangs up without leaving a message.

BBB

back off insect with those remarks... I sing like an angel at the throne of God... Eva, I cannot resist the call... I'll be there... please lay in my usual contract rider goodies...this time the Jack Daniles mirror instead of the Lynrd Skynrd I think....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 10:00 am
Checking her answering machine, Eva quickly deduces that BBB has never heard BVT sing. What a revelation is in store for her!

Eva jots down a few notes and calls Luciano on the intercom. "You must prepare a room for my friend, the Bear," she says. "Here are some required elements..."

"Wheech room shall I choose?" the servant asks.

"The tower room, of course," the goddess answers. She knows Bear will appreciate the ancient ceiling beams and the chains and shackles in the stone walls. "And don't forget to stock the bar."

Luciano hangs up, then notices Prince G watching him intently. "I think you would have more luck weeth Vincenzo, sir. You will find him in the kitchen, he ees preparing our feast."
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 02:14 pm
Dagmaraka is in her room, rummaging through the suitcase to find a hand saw to get the darned witch dress off and also to look for her witch swimsuit. She hears footsteps. Dag peeks out of her room and sees Luciano is about to enter the room next door.

"Luciano, is anyone going to be staying there?"

"Yez Meesus, some Bear. "

"Ooooh, I heard a lot about him. Say, Luciano, have you ever met him? Is he handsome?"

"Meesus, you don't vont to know. Egzcuze me, i hef to go now."

~puzzled look~
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 12:15 pm
"Oh, good!" Eva claps her hands. Bear is here and checking out his room, Dag is in the pool with the rest of her friends, and all seems right with the world.

"BBB?" she asks. "Would you be a dear and check on Vincenzo in the kitchen? You may be able to suggest a few recipes to him for the party. Tell him the only thing I insist upon is Cav's creation, 'Botticelli's Curls.' That's right, the pasta dish he created just for me."

Thinking back to the glorious dinner party where the dish was first served, the goddess remembers Cav's delight at her reaction and wipes a tear from her eye...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 07:45 am
Italian Pasta Stampati with Rosemary Sauce
Eva wrote:
"BBB?" she asks. "Would you be a dear and check on Vincenzo in the kitchen? You may be able to suggest a few recipes to him for the party. Tell him the only thing I insist upon is Cav's creation, 'Botticelli's Curls.' That's right, the pasta dish he created just for me."

Eva, I couldn't find the recipe for Botticelli's Curls, but I think Cav would have liked the following unique recipe:

Recipe for Italian Pasta Stampati with Rosemary Sauce adapted by BumbleBeeBoogie.

EQUIPMENT NEEDED:

Cookie press design stamp
Pasta maker, if available
Biscuit cutter

PASTA:

3 cups all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
Pinch of salt Water as needed

In a large bowl, mix together the flour, eggs, salt and water to form a firm pasta dough. Stretch the dough into sheets 1/16th inch thick.

Cut out rounds of dough with a biscuit cutter and impress the cookie stamp design in each circle. Dust the rounds with flour and refrigerate them for one hour.

When ready to serve, cook in boiling water 3 to 5 minutes. Do not overcook or the design will disappear.

ROSEMARY SAUCE:
5 cups chicken or veal stock, preferably home made
3 sprigs fresh Rosemary
12 egg yolks
1-1/2 pounds unsalted butter
2 teaspoons white pepper
2 teaspoons pine nuts
Rosemary sprigs for garnish

Boil the stock with rosemary until reduced by 1/3. Remove the rosemary; reduce heat to low. Add the eggs and cooking stirring rapidly and constantly, until the sauce has thickened. Whisk in the butter a bit at a time. Add the white pepper.

Pour the sauce into serving plate, place 5 to 6 cooked pasta coins on top of the sauce. Garnish with pine nuts and rosemary sprigs.

Yields 50 to 60 pasta coins and 6 cups of sauce - serves 12 persons.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 08:20 am
"BBB," the goddess reminds her friend, "all you have to do is go back to page 1 and 2 of this thread for Cav's inspired creation. 'Botticelli's Curls' was made of fusilli, finely shaved Parma ham, Reggiano, fresh white truffles and white truffle oil and fresh sweet basil.

"Of course, your recipe sounds grand as well. Let's have both!" Eva rings the intercom in the kitchen. "Vincenzo, we're going to have TWO pasta courses! BBB is on her way down to assist you."

As she folds her plush beach towel around her and heads back to the pool, the goddess reminds her guests that the masseur, Giancarlo, is free at the moment.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/25/2024 at 12:16:01