Venus in Venice: The Goddess of Love's Dinner Party

Francis

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 08:28 am
Passing by, Francis, moved by her hieratic and marmorean beauty, reminds the goddess he could advantageously replace Giancarlo, such would be her desire...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 09:00 am
The goddess searches frantically for her dictionary.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 09:13 am
Looking for "desire", goddess? Cool
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 11:16 am
"Heavens, no!" she laughs. The goddess knows all about desire.

Satisfied that Francis's adjectives were in order, Eva decides champagne is called for.

"Luciano!" she calls. But Luciano is busy. The Prince, it seems, has converted him.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 11:24 am
http://images1.comstock.com/Imagewarehouse/PR/SITECS/NLWMCompingVersions/0103000/103500-103999/PR103919.jpg
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 05:41 pm
"Finally!" Eva cries. "The nymphs are here!"

The three lovely spirits cannot take their eyes off the Prince and Luciano. The Prince seems to be making up for lost time. The nymphs are taking notes.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 08:24 am
BBB
BBB, inspired by the nymphs, starts flinging her clothes everywhere. You can hear jaws dropping as she dances around the pool in her gownless evening strap.

WOW!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 07:47 pm
A year later, the flowers begin to bloom again.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 10:39 pm
Calla lilies, apricot roses and bougainvillea fill the palazzo's courtyard. Eva stands at her bedroom window and admires the gardeners' work. A few cuttings will look spectacular in the Baccarat vases on the entryway table, she thinks.

"I do hope everyone can make it," the goddess wonders. She picks up the intercom and calls Giancarlo, the masseur.

"Good morning! I trust you slept well?" she asks.

She knows his hands are much more adept at finding her stress points when he is well-rested. Eva needs a good hour and a half session this morning to prepare herself. Her guests will begin arriving this afternoon for the annual Cavfancier Tribute Ball, and as always, there will be feasting, dancing and revelry. It is a tradition, in honor of a beloved friend who would heartily approve.

The goddess flips through the phone messages to see who is coming...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 01:00 am
Eeeehhhhhrrrghg gdday Giacommo..... am i too early? 's ok....i can just sleep by the pool for awhile.

Hey! Giancarlo or whatsyrname... I'll have a Kapurkova.Yes, that's right. Scotch, no rocks. You know me well. Hope the other clowns won't show until next morning, I could use some sound sleep. These bashes here are quite taxing, I tell ya.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 07:26 am
Eva smiles as she eyes Dag snoozing by the pool. She makes a mental note to check on the champagne delivery. It will take a small fleet of gondolas to bring enough bubbly to fill the pool.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 09:53 am
Eva
Your goddess party was the best of all the A2K parties. Do you think we can get Sumac the dolphin to swim by again?

BBB
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 10:29 am
Oh! I hope so!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 11:09 am
zzzzzzz

Cough...chrrr....coughcough....ahrrrrrggghhh

"what....where amI?"

looks around, rubbing eyes.

"Oh, Giancarlo...will you be a peach, and get me a bucket of ice? Thanks. Aaaaah, there's BBB! Must get ready.."
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:49 pm
Eva tips the gondolier as he unloads the last case of champagne.

It has been a difficult week. The goddess sits on the edge of one case and fumbles in her pocket for a corkscrew. No glass? It doesn't matter...

"No, no!" shouts Vincenzo, running from the kitchen. "My lady, stop! You cannot use a corkscrew like that on a champagne bottle!" He gently takes the bottle from Eva's hands and pops the cork. Looking at the label, he is dismayed. "This is hardly fit for a goddess!" he thinks. He is correct. This is the cheap stuff, suitable only for filling swimming pools. But by the look on Eva's face, it will not matter this evening.

Briefly, he looks around to see if there is anyone else who could use a drink at the moment...?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 11:01 pm
zzzzz.......stir....groan

aaaaah, is it evening yet? oh, eva! is the party starting? FINALLY! can i have some bubbly, too?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 09:46 am
"Certainly, if you don't mind drinking this stuff," Eva apologizes.

Hesitantly, Vincenzo returns to the kitchen to work on the hors d'oeuvres. They are almost ready.

But where are the guests? Is this to be a private party for the two women, he wonders. If so, he has prepared entirely too much food!
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 12:05 pm
"Francis arrives, in his elegant but discreet tuxedo and double cheek-kisses the ravishing hostess"
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 01:07 pm
Ooooh, blimey, Eva! You didn't tell me Francis is coming today! I gotta run to shower, do my hair and makeup, and dress up!
Here, take my champagne... Or I'll just take the bottle with me.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 03:10 pm
Eva laughs and hands Dag the champagne bottle.

"Upstairs, turn left, at the end of the hallway. You can use the steam shower in my room," she whispers. It has 27 showerheads, 9 on each wall. "And if your ballgown is wrinkled from traveling, just ask Clarienne to iron it for you."

Ah, she thinks, Francis is here. Now it will be a real celebration!

"Let me look at you, you handsome thing!" she gushes, admiring the cut of his tuxedo. It has been too long since Francis last visited. Eva will have to make up for lost time.

"I do hope a few more people are coming," she says, "even if Dag and I would miss having you all to ourselves."

Vincenzo appears as if on cue with a tray of crab-stuffed mushrooms.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/16/2024 at 03:04:12