Venus in Venice: The Goddess of Love's Dinner Party

ossobuco

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 11:16 am
Absolutely not! Both, both, I want both! All in good time, of course. And the truth is, I might just like to check out the La Fenice building as much as to go in and see a performance...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 05:26 pm
Dagmaraka whizzes down from the skies on her mechanical broom, all flustered and out of breath:

"Am I too late for the party?"

--silence--

"Drat. I gots to fix that time machine. What year in the heck is it now anyway?"
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 08:56 pm
"Ah, signorina, eet ees 2006," says a husky voice from the corner.

It is Luciano, the caretaker. It has been more than two years since he last saw a human face in the palazzo.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 08:59 pm
crap. i must have mis-dialed. now, how do i get back? please, do tell me you have a functional fireplace, otherwise i'm totally screwed.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 09:13 pm
"O, I am so sorry, Cara," Luciano replies, running his fingers through his dark hair to straighten it. "The fireplace, eet was removed in 1784, after the last...how you say it?...renovazione? No, that eez wrong word..." He frowns.

Luciano, the former lothario, is a bit out of practice. He is not in a hurry to see the stranger leave. It has been far too long since he has enjoyed the company of an attractive young lady. And this is, after all, a city known for romance.

Just then, a figure carrying a lighted candelabra enters the portego where Dag and Luciano stand. It is Vincenzo, Cav's former assistant.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 01:33 am
How time flies !!! Luciano looks as gorgeous as ever, and Eva still has the power to stop me dead in my tracks....
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 02:01 am
Luciano retorted smartly, running his fingers through his hair. "There is a difference, dear boy," he teased mercilessly.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 02:02 am
Tease me tease me tease me baaaaaby..
Till I lose control............
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 02:04 am
"Fine, fine. We'll start tomorrow,"
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 08:59 am
BBB
Vincenzo hugged Eva and struggled not to weep. He still has not recovered from Cav's death at such a young age.

BBB called out from the side of the swimming pool, "Vincenzo, Cav would not want you to weep for him. He would want us to through a party in his memory with some great food. Can you remember enough of his recipes to prepare a feast? If so, we will contact Cav's friends with a invitation to a one year celebration of Cav's life."

As BBB dove into the pool, she heard Eva already on the telephone to friends around the world.

Vincenzo had a smile on his face for the first time in a year. "Yes, I can prepare such a feast. Now, where are Cav's recipe cards? Do you have any favorites?"

BBB
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 10:07 am
Hey, pesky boy. Mind if I jump into that swimming pool before the party gets started? I've been flying around on that broom for years.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 11:32 am
"Certainly, signorina." Luciano purrs in anticipation of seeing Dag in a swimsuit. But...does she have a swimsuit? No matter.

Eva stands on the balcony, looking down at her friends frolicking in the courtyard pool. I have stayed away too long, she thinks.

Yes, a party in honor of Cav. That would be just the thing. And...where better than here? Yes, we must do it.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 12:29 pm
I'll take care of the fireworks.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 12:32 pm
Prego, Dag. I'll be busy myself with the cosy corner of the fireplace...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 02:34 pm
Eva wrote:
"O, I am so sorry, Cara," Luciano replies, running his fingers through his dark hair to straighten it. "The fireplace, eet was removed in 1784, after the last...how you say it?...renovazione? No, that eez wrong word..." He frowns.

I'm afraid you'll have to go skinny-dipping with me, Francis. No fireplace left in the palazzo.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 02:49 pm
Adesso, Dag, carissima, I would not be afraid of that...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 02:57 pm
Dag smiles slyly, and starts removing her rugged witch robe.

She can't get the zipper on her back. She bends forward, arms twisted in a pretzel trying to get hold of the little pully on the zipper, and proceeds to jump around awkwardly around the pool.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 03:02 pm
Forse a little help, Dag?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 03:15 pm
Please... this bugger.... seems to be stuck.... maybe if I twist this way and wriggle.... can you get that pully? Oh, how awkward. What will Eva think?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 03:17 pm
Oh, yes, I got the pully!

Don't worry, Eva knows that I am a gentleman...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 12:59:24