Venus in Venice: The Goddess of Love's Dinner Party

Eva

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 09:53 pm
Bring 'em on, sumac!

Virtual grape stomps are much tidier than real ones, osso. Just be sure you tie up that lovely gown around your waist first!

STOMP SPLASH STOMP SPLASH....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 10:16 pm
I think sumie is grossed out buy the foot fungus.

Which I am over, at least theoretically.

If they are chianti grapes...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 10:53 pm
No, no, no, no foot fungus!
(Poof! you are cured. The Goddess says so.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 11:58 pm
Moi? Moi doesn't have foot fungus, but someone might...

Grappa attaletica, or some such...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 09:15 am
It DOES sound so much better in Italian, doesn't it?! :wink:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 08:46 pm
"Hello? Hello?" littlek slips into the pallazzo - it's dusty, dark and cold..... "pfffff~" and it smells of old animal waste.

Must get this place back in shape for Osso's party....
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 11:19 pm
I've got my broom.............no, not the one I rode in on. The one I use for sweeping up animal waste. We'll have this place in shape in no time. Here, little k, hold this garbage bag open...........here we go..........oopsidaisy.....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 11:22 pm
"Oh MY!" Eva exclaims, brushing aside the cobwebs inside the front door. "Where are those servants? Four months is MUCH too long for a holiday, even for Italians!" She stamps her foot and dust billows across the marble floor.

Picking up the telephone in the vestibule, Eva rings up a local housekeeping service. They arrive in force within the hour, and the entire palazzo is cleaned, refreshed and restocked for Osso's Coming-Home Party.

Eva checks the refrigerators. Sure enough, Cav has left plenty of food in the freezers. As she begins to microwave a few elegant leftovers, littlek enters the kitchen.

"I came as soon as I heard," she said. "But I didn't have time to change. I do hope you have something upstairs I can wear. And...um...do you happen to have an extra bra? I seem to have lost an underwire again."

Eva would never think of visiting Venice without bringing along her couturier, Clarienne Boniface and Carlo, her hairstylist. They are upstairs unpacking their trunks now, arguing as usual. However, when they see littlek standing at the top of the stairs, they go straight to work. Clarienne brings out his latest creation, a stunning short black satin number with ribbon lacing up the back. Carlo begins fiddling with littlek's hair...perhaps a diamond barrette or two?

Eva wonders what kind of music Osso would like...? Poor dear, she has been through such an ordeal. She deserves some fun. Eva stands on the balcony overlooking the Grand Canal and the Accademia Bridge and sighs. She hopes Osso's friends have received their invitations and will be here soon.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 11:22 pm
I've talked to BiPolar Bear and he has agreed to bringing his band here to supply the music.

Where should I set up this equipment?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 11:28 pm
"Wonderful!" Eva claps her hands. "Please, right over there, in the ballroom. Do you need any help? Luciano and Vincenzo can help you carry the speakers in from the gondola. Wouldn't want them to get wet!"
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 11:59 pm
We'll see the "Goddess of Love?" Really? Truly, truly, really? I'm on my way.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 12:00 am
Gus stares at Eva in disbelief. "Does it look like I need any help!" he screams as he leans forward and flexes his muscles...

http://www.trulyhuge.com/gordon74.jpg

Luciano and Vincenzo flee, not wanting to confront the angry American.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 02:59 am
Yipeee !! A party !!!

Here is my gift - beautiful gucci shades to shield Osso's healing eyes from the bright Italian sun !!

Where is the bar ? and the barmen ?
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 07:48 am
Swimming lazily in the canal - "So, it has taken you all this long to sober up?". Osso's surgery went well, and as soon as she returns from LA, the party will commence.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 09:10 am
Littlek sweeps down the stairs, stopping to check out her new look in the tall mirrors that line the walls, and heads straight for Gautam at the bar. "Excuse me, G, but they can't all be gay...." she hip-butts him to make some room for herself and orders a bellini.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 10:16 am
A dishevled figure rises from behind the bar. He is wearing a Juventus kit, shirt half out of shorts, socks at half-mast. He reeks of stale Chianti.

"Forza Juve!" he exclaims, and passes out.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 12:19 pm
"'Scuzi?" a voice whispers at the door. It is the floral delivery girl. She has brought two gondolas full of fresh flowers for the party. Eva directs her toward the butler's pantry for vases. "Just put a few arrangements in each of the rooms, please...and help yourself to a bellini at the bar!"

Within minutes, there are red and coral roses with tiny green orchids in the foyer, multicolor parrot tulips and deep purple hyacinths in the powder rooms, rosy peonies on all the tables, and tall, regal white calla lilies in large bronze urns flanking the grand staircase.

Eva checks the kitchen. Yes, the caterers are here and hard at work. Eva takes a bowlful of fresh calamari and tosses it over the balcony to Sumac, who waves one flipper as a sign of thanks.

Gus is setting up the amps in the ballroom single-handedly. Eva shakes her head, thinking of her stupid offer of helpers. Gus is certainly man enough for the job.

Littlek is looking quite ravishing this evening with the diamond barrettes in her hair. Clarienne and Carlo are well worth their salaries, she thinks. Littlek is giving the Armani-clad Gautam a run for his money with the bartenders, who keep stepping over (and on) George behind the bar. Everytime George starts to come to, they pour a little more Chianti down his throat. He may be out for quite awhile, they hope.

Eva takes a quick look around and sees everything coming together nicely. Time to go change for the party! She takes a magnum of Cristal with her as she heads up the staircase. Clarienne and Carlo are most appreciative of bribery, and it has been a long day for the goddess.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 03:15 pm
Calamari is well appreciated by sumac, as she goes searching for some water hyacinths to add to the festivities.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 04:32 pm
Sumac
Sumac, so glad to see you've come back home
after you left Eva's party with a flp of your fin.
We thought you'd left us without you, forever alone,
We're all full of joy you're with us once again.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 08:03 pm
Gus takes a step backward to admire his work. Everything appears to be in order. The amps and microphones are perfectly arranged on the stage. With a look of satisfaction on his face, Gus turns and walks through the bar where he notices littlek and Gautam carrying on a hushed conversation. They appear to be best of friends and Gus decides not to invade their conversation.

Gus instead decides to pick up the snoring drunk who is draped across the bar, making noises obviously detrimental to conversation. Picking up the drunk, and winking at Gautam and littlek, Gus exits the bar and walks straight to the canal where he unceremoniously deposits the drunk into the stagnant water of the canal.

As the body in the canal floats away a reflective tag shimmers on the chest. Upon close examination one could read the tag as... Hello, my name is George.

An inquisitive dolphin surfaces near the body and begins to nudge it toward shore.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 07:30:12