Program launch notices

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 09:32 am
I use ZoneAlarm antivirus and am quite happy with it. However, like other AV programs it gives me notices of programs trying to access the Internet, etc, via one or another installed software.

The most recent example is Mcci TrayApp.exe. No AV software that I've ever used told me anything helpful about these situations - is the item in question dangerous? If I say "Apply", how will be computer be affected? And if I say "Deny" access, will I be messing up something I already have?

So my questions are a) does anyone know anything about Mcci TrayApp.exe; and b) what do you do about these "Apply/Deny" popups?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,120 • Replies: 3
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 09:54 am
The process mcci+McciTrayApp is listed as belonging to the software DVD Solution or BellSouth Wireless Connection or Verizon Online Help and Support or Soldat Interface Maker by Motive Communications, Inc.

Do you have one of these? I don't know about any "Apply" button. Did you mean "Allow"? I will assume you did. If you click "Allow", ZoneAlarm will allow that program to access the internet. If you click "Deny", it won't, and whatever program you have that uses McciTrayApp will not work like it did before. If it is your wireless connection, that would be a bad idea! If you deny a program internet access, you can always change your mind later.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 10:26 am
Program launch notices
Yes, of course, I meant "Allow". Sorry about that. But I still don't know whether the program referred to is already on my computer and if so what it does.

As for your suggestion in another topic, of checking with Google - why didn't I think of that !
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 10:35 am
Re: Program launch notices
Tomkitten wrote:
But I still don't know whether the program referred to is already on my computer

If ZoneAlarm says it is trying to access the internet from your computer, then, plainly, it is on your computer!

Quote:
and if so what it does.

Did you read this that I already wrote?

The process mcci+McciTrayApp is listed as belonging to the software DVD Solution or BellSouth Wireless Connection or Verizon Online Help and Support or Soldat Interface Maker by Motive Communications, Inc.

Do you have one of these?
0 Replies