What is freedom?

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 01:41 pm
I've been thinking this one over for the past couple of months and I have come to the conclusion that freedom does not exist. To be completely free, one owes an allegiance to no one, thing, or emotion. For this, freedom does exist becuase if I am not owing something to my country, I owe something to my work, and if not to my work, my feelings. Furthermore I have realized that even after death I will not be free, either I will be forced to hell, heaven or no longer exist in which case freedom would no longer be a thought because duh, I would not think if I did not exist.

Freedom does not correlate with depth or extent becuase that puts a bar on it, a cage. We have these "cages" everywhere. In the media and in speech. So, thus, there is no freedom of speech and if there were, slander would not be punishable by the court.

I am not free at all, nor have I ever been (what crap, "america home of the free") free, nor will I ever be free.

I will give the statement however that I have more privilages than other, but I am under no circumstance free.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 513 • Replies: 2
No top replies

contrex

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 01:54 pm
"Free" also means "not affected". If I have enough to eat I am free from hunger, if I have enough money to live on I am free from poverty, if I am healthy I am free from illness etc. These freedoms are in many ways more real than the glittery tinsel conveniently-hard-to-define "freedom" often so glibly promised by politicians.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 04:01 pm
after watching the dont tase me bro videos, i can tell you one thing. freedom definitely isnt in america right now.
0 Replies