Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri Sim game

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 01:37 pm
Hey, I am generally a big fan of Sid Meier's simulation games. Civ III was pretty good and all.

I don't have as much time for games anymore but I bought Alpha Centauri just because I had remembered wanting it.

It turns out that I don't like the game so I want to give it away. Does anyone out there like this game?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,620 • Replies: 8
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 07:32 pm
Ya know, I've got that, an old version -'99 Release, I think ... one of the few games I do own, in fact (it was a gift). It isn't Sid's best, IMHO, but it did fill some hours while I was waitin' around for another computer to finish doing something or other that required moderate attention. Just checked ... the file was last accessed in March of '02 Laughing never did beat it, but I didn't really get serious about it, either. I've been thinkin' seriously about gettin' into WWII OnLine, though ... that looks pretty neat.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 07:38 pm
I've never tried it but would like to
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 07:39 pm
If ya want I'll send it to you.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 07:41 pm
haha right on ill PM you in a sec gotta go grab a bite from the fridge.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 08:17 pm
oy! just missed it! What's the game like?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 08:27 pm
Well, you start off on an undeveloped planet and you begin by discovering and utilizing resources. As your society develops, you encounter other societies, with which you interact ... trade, diplomacy, or war. You build technologies, establish cities, develop a government, an economy, mlitary, that sort of stuff, by advancing and expanding your society, forming alliances, trading, and pyramiding technologies from basic to advanced.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 08:28 pm
so, like that ceasar game that quinn plays....? eh, safecracker can keep it.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 05:07 pm
yeah...kinda

hehehehe

Actually when this was in development I was pretty much tracking it daily...I became very bored with it before it was through and I think I went back and played a demo too...I dont have it so, theres probably a reason why...I guess Craven has the answer.
So sad...big fan of Sids.
0 Replies