hair straightening goo

Paola

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 10:19 am
I'm looking for a a powerful hair straightening goo to turn my Horpo Marx locks into Meryl Streep. Any suggestions? Phoenix, I know you mentioned a product on abuzz, and I wrote it down, but I was travelling and lost the pc of paper. If you could please repeat it? thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,308 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 10:26 am
It's called TIGI- Bed Head- Control Freak. I use the shampoo & conditioner. They also have a "serum", but I don't need it. In Florida, where curly hair gets like Brillo, I found that stuff is just wonderful. Since there is no "serum", it doesn't make your hair gooey, like some other stuff I used. You can get it at some hair salons, and those stores in malls that sell hair products. They had a sale a few weeks ago, and I got a liter of each for about $22-

I don't want to take the credit for this. You can thank Rae of A2K. She told me about it at the Florida gathering a few months back, and I've used it ever since. Very Happy
0 Replies

Paola

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 03:29 pm
Thank you Phoenix. So I guess they don't sell it at Duane Reade? well I'll run downstairs and have a look. I wonder why I didn't get an a2k email with your response? A2K doesn't send responses any more? I never turned off the update function...
0 Replies

Paola

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 03:57 pm
Yes they do have it! I didn't get it quite yet because I see they consider themselves a 4 step program...so you get hair like brillo and this shampoo plus the conditioner are enough? (another consideration is that my husband will freak out if I add so many bottles to our little bathroom...then I'll have to use control freak on him and see if it works that way too!)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 06:18 pm
Paola- I don't even know what the 4th step is. I find the shampoo & conditioner just about perfect!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 07:28 pm
Wow! A recommendation of mine that actually stuck! I'm impressed!

Paola ~ the Tigi products can be found anywhere now ~ Eckerds, Walgreens, Walmart, etc.

And I'm with Phoenix ~ the shampoo and conditioner are plenty.

Let us know if you try the product.
0 Replies

Paola

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 06:41 am
Hi Rae! I've decided to follow Ph's suggestion and start with the shampoo and conditioner and progress to the 3rd step (the goo itself) later if sh. and cond. are not enough. The fourth step I think was a spray and it said flat as a board or something like that. Maybe in the end flat as a board is too straight! will let you know how it goes, as soon as I'm dressed I'll run down. I have a "ladies lunch" to go to today and want to look pretty, not like I just walked out of the Atlantic and into a bad hair day. Smile
0 Replies

Paola

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 09:13 am
Well it's become "nice wavy". I think I will go for step 3, the real goo part.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 10:35 am
Very good! Nicely wavy is better than icky frizzy and uncontrollable!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 10:44 am
My problem in Florida is that the humidity is so high that if I put anything on it, either "goo", or even spray, it makes my hair feel gummy.

Rae- Hya doll! I couldn't find the stuff in my drug stores, but did find it in a salon!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 11:04 am
I can supply you with some of the stuff than Cameron Diaz used so successfully in "There's Something About Mary".
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 11:53 am
cjhsa ~ well, isn't that kind of you. I'll stick with my Tigi stuff. (I'm still waitin for you to change your avatar back to Johnny Gorgeous Depp.)

Hiya Phoenix ~ that surprises me! We have most of the same stores in our cities.....usually the chains conform with stock supply. Hmmmm.
0 Replies

Paola

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 12:33 pm
If it weren't so disgusting I'd almost be tempted to try the cjhsa stuff as my hair quickly reverted to brillo status and I'm wondering if I should invest in the step 3 goo or go for some less expensive brand...
0 Replies

Paola

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 12:39 pm
If it weren't so disgusting I'd almost be tempted to try the cjhsa stuff as my hair quickly reverted to brillo status and I'm wondering if I should invest in the step 3 goo or go for some less expensive brand...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 01:01 pm
http://crazy4cinema.com/Review/FilmsT/stills/somethingmary3.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 09:47 pm
Paola, I bought a shampoo and conditioner by some company called Umberto Giannini, guess why, seemed italian, but it is made in the UK. They have a set of s and c for curly hair to make it less frizzy (still wavy), and also another set to straighten instead..

I've followed the directions in amazement. I have liked the results of both sets...but more so the directions to not (forget their words) mush around the hair in the shampoo, but to merely rub in lengthwise through and through, same with the conditioner.
And finally to finish with cold water. Whatever. Well, hey, my hair is way less frizzypoo.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 09:48 pm
Oh, and Paola, updates were off during a changeover period when a2k was being revamped.
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 07:36 am
Laughing When I was a wee lad starting school in the early fifties I had the curliest hair around. I would have given my right arm to get clear of it.
Now if only these products had of been around then I would have had a happier childhood. When I went to the barbers I got it cut as close as possible hoping it would stop being curly, but no it came back as usuall.
I was continually being taunted and called different names because of these curls. That's my rant. Crying or Very sad

Now I'm happier that I'm bald on top. Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 11:56 am
I used permastrate (some very strong concoction) on my hair when I was about sixteen. Did it in the middle of the night so my parents couldn't stop me. Yikes. Also tried ironing my hair a few times. Letting it grow long usually helped some to cut down curl mass. Now I don't mind curly hair, am just as happy to be me instead of a blonde model, but as a girl in the fifties I would have loved having straight hair.
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 12:19 pm
Smile Curly hair now is OK, I wouldn't object to it myself, I think me being a lad made me feel worse about. One of my sisters had a bit of a curl in her hair and she got away with it OK. Rolling Eyes

I couldn't have ironed mine, it just kept getting curlier and curlier, by the time the 60's came we got away with any style of hair and I let it grow.
It never grew below my shirt collar, curls got all the more tighter. Laughing
0 Replies