Your favourite Waking Life quotes

Gilbey

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 06:16 am
If you havent seen the film Waking Life, I recommend that you do. The film follows the main character through a strange dream where he has the most amazing conversations with people about life, philosophy and lucid dreams, directed by Richard Linklater, its my favourite film ever, and it could well be yours.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 20,792 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Gilbey

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 01:11 pm
" On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion."

"You can't fight city hall." "Death and taxes." "Don't talk about politics or religion." This is all the equivalent of enemy propaganda, rolling across the picket line. "Lay down, GI! Lay down, GI!". We saw it all through the 20th Century. And now on the 21st Century, it's time to stand up and realize, that we should NOT allow ourselves to be crammed into this rat maze. We should not SUBMIT to dehumanization. I don't know about you, but I'm concerned with what's happening in this world. I'm concerned with the structure. I'm concerned with the systems of control. Those that control my life, and those that seek to control it EVEN MORE! I want FREEDOM! That's what I want, and that's what YOU should want! It's up to each and every one of us to turn loose of just some of the greed, the hatred, the envy, and yes, the insecurities, because that is the central mode of control, make us feel pathetic, small, so we'll willingly give up our sovereignty, our liberty, our destiny. We have GOT to realize we're being conditioned on a mass scale. Start challenging this corporate slave state! The 21st Century's gonna be a new century! Not the century of slavery, not the century of lies and issues of no significance, of classism and statism, and all the rest of the modes of control... it's gonna be the age of humankind, standing up for something PURE and something RIGHT! What a bunch of garbage, liberal, Democratic, conservative, Republican, it's all there to control you, two sides of the same coin! Two management teams, bidding for control of the CEO job of Slavery Incorporated! The TRUTH is out there in front of you, but they lay out this buffet of LIES! I'm SICK of it, and I'M NOT GONNA TAKE A BITE OUT OF IT! DO YA GOT ME? Resistance is NOT futile, we're gonna win this thing, humankind is too good, WE'RE NOT A BUNCH OF UNDERACHIEVERS, WE'RE GONNA STAND UP, AND WE'RE GONNA BE HUMAN BEINGS! WE'RE GONNA GET FIRED UP ABOUT THE REAL THINGS, THE THINGS THAT MATTER - CREATIVITY, AND THE *DYNAMIC* *HUMAN* *SPIRIT* THAT REFUSES TO *SUBMIT*! WELL THAT'S IT, that's all I've got to say. It's in your court now.
jseife

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 07:33 pm
@Gilbey,
Answer? Stop feeding the hand that bites you!
0 Replies

Archangel Michael

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 09:41 pm
@Gilbey,
Man with the Long Hair: They say that dreams are only real as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?

Pinball Playing Man: There's only one instant, and it's right now. And it's eternity.

Archangel Michael
0 Replies