Does human nature exist?

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 04:01 pm
But the intention is but an extension of the freak. What would be if there was no freak for intention to manipulate.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 04:40 pm
Cyracuz,

Complete control may be an oxymoron if we consider "nature" to be analogous to "river" where "human nature" is "river water". The water cannot fully derermine its own course because that is also determined by the nature of the river bed. In practical terms we can never get the vantage point to fully comprehend "the river", we are stuck with interpreting our local flow conditions. In cybernetic terms the best we can hope for is nested levels of observation but no ultimate "control room".
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 04:52 pm
Hmm... Interesting. I feel a reply forming. I guess I'll just have to wait for it..
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 06:22 pm
I've given it some thought, fresco, and it seems to me that it's as I wrote above:

"I am thinking that humanity taking complete control over it's nature would encompass achieving complete control over absolutely everything, since everything is interwoven, and no true distinctions within nature exist. That would mean that in the moment humanity achieves complete control of it's nature it would cease to be human nature and simply be nature..."

In other words, man would have to achieve the omnipotence attributed to god by believers. The only way to get to that point would not be to gain contol of everything, but to become everything.

This, to me, is one more indication that god, being omnipotent, did not create the universe. It IS the universe.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 12:20 am
Cyracuz,

I suggest "control" is a red herring. Since "we" are already linked with "everything" we are already "God". That a the general position familiar to meditators who by transcending "time" transcend also "control within time".
0 Replies